1

(EDITED)

" We're sorry Miss Kim.."

A 18 year old girl, just left alone in this cruel world by her parents. Kim Emma. A girl, who half Korean and American.

" The police will find the drunk driver, Emma ," Her Aunt, Sihyeo comforting her niece.

" But they can't bring my parents back, aren't they?" The girl said with mixed feelings. Who wouldn't broke down if the person they love the most, care the most..died?

••••

" Good Evening everyone, Me, Lim Nayeon reporting an accidents at Seoul highway has resulted in 2 deaths. I was told that the incidents was created by a drunk driver. A 18 years old girl, Kim Emma lost her parents at 10.11 pm today. They'll be missed.

Now I'm going to report about a woman who abused by her...."

There's a old man watching the news, The King of Korea. Choi Hyun Ki.

" Why are you suddenly watching this kind of news?" His beloved wife, The Queen of Korea. Choi Ji Hye.

" I just feel like want to.. Anyways where're the princes?" The King asked using 'prince' instead of 'son'. For him, being a leader, of his family and his country are his pride.

" They're study for the upcoming exams next week,"

The King just hummed as answers.

" I have a favor to ask...you.." The king said in uncomfortableness.

" Ask anyway," The Queen, being easy-going as herself towards The King.

" Wouldn't you care if we adopted....a girl?"

You thought The Queen would yelled at The King right? But she's not a random stupid girl who just yelled without explanation. That's why The King choose her. As her Life Mate.

" Suddenly? Why?" She ask calmly. Her tone can make people thought they're in normal talk. Like she didn't even bothered by her husband serious question.

" I'm so done messing with these boys, that's why I thought want to know the feeling dealing with a daughter.." The King said carefully, not wanting to hurt his wife feelings.

They've been married for 35 years. But sadly, they were not granted a daughter yet. Just boys. They thought about giving up, but suddenly The King's heart was opened after watching the news about the girl who just lost her parents.

The Queen stay silent a bit, her expression showing that she's thinking about that too. Just for you guys's information, The Queen is easy-going, bright, kind-hearted girl. She's an extrovert and opened mind, did I just mention she's way too positive until she suddenly helped a old man but turns out he is just a trick for a thief? Yes she did that.

" I was kinda want to feel that too. I'll just say Yes!" The King's eyes softened as The Queen gave him the same sweet smile she gave when they first time meet.

••••
Meanwhile on the other side, Emma. Stay silent on the passenger seat in her Aunt's car all the way home.

" Let me accompany you tonight. The house will be too silent for you.." That's all can Sihyeo said to the girl.

Emma is too down for answer her Aunt's, she just nodded. She's just a girl who lost her parents by a stupid drunk man. She always saw the news about accident caused by drunk men, but now..she going through it.

How cruel this word can be?

-
Both of them arrived home, the girl just walk to her room. Not wanting to take a break and look at the furniture that even have memories of it.

You know that kind of feelings. When you spent too much time with someone, but then they disappeared. Making everything have their own memories to you.

Without take a shower, even change her clothes. She jumped on her bed, sleep while the tears are still flowing.

Memories of her with her parents start to recalled. "Why must now?" Why it can't be later? or maybe never? She still have a long journey to discover, and yet, the people she loved the most, the people that would support her ups and downs. Left her.

" Which orphan house do you want to go?" The Queen and The King still discus about the adoption.

" I don't want to go to any orphan houses," His answer making The Queen confused.

" Then..?" She already made a few unexpected guesses. 'The maids? or The girl he founded while arranging some business at Japan?' The king have been so soft-hearted to all children. Heart of a diamond.

" I want to adopt the girl in that news earlier."