ABBY

I sit here wondering what step to take next. Staring down at the blood filled flowing river I can't help but feel all alone. The stench from the river is suffocating me. But it's the only way to be safe from those things, I can't bring myself to call them humans. They are no longer human beings, not man nor woman anymore, just a skeleton of what they used to be. Don't get me wrong though, I don't mean actual skeletons but skeletons all the same because that's what I see when I look at them. Crawling down the streets, neither walking nor dragging themselves on the roads, on the sidewalks, in houses wherever they are. By now they are all over the place. Anywhere you look you see them.

I am brought out of my daze by a low groan beside me. I turn my head scared to my wits, wondering if they have caught up with me. Momentarily forgetting where I am and who am with, I almost pull out my gun. Big, brown doe like eyes stare back at me. "Baby didn't you get any sleep? I thought we are safe here you do realize you need your rest especially now." Spencer the love of my life says from beside me.

He used to tell me we would be together till the end of time, this life or the rest and sure enough here we are together as the world is falling apart. I don't know if we will make it to the end of today but I sure as hell know I'll die a happy woman, with him beside me my heart is content.

"No baby am fine. I just got up a few minutes ago, you looked so peaceful lying there so I decided not to wake you up." I lie. For the past few days I have been having a bad case of insomnia. But I am surely not going to tell him that.

Rubbing my belly he looks me dead in the eye knowing clearly am just lying to him, before he shakes his head and gets up

A new day....time to survive....time to move on