《 Chapter 3: Jealousy 》

The next day, I was sitting at the cafeteria with one of my friends, Natalie Johnson. Natalie was goofy and a fun person to be around. She was currently in a three-year-long relationship.

"The other day, I ordered some shirts online. And guess what? I got scammed and was sent the lowest quality shirts instead!" She informed me while rolling her eyes as the sparkle in her eyes faded with disappointment.
"Wait WHAT!?" I said rather loudly.

We were talking about things from makeup to studies. But the next thing I know, she randomly popped up a question, "so... who do you think is the most handsome boy from the whole campus? Be honest!" She looked at me, with impatient eyes and was clearly feeling giddy with excitement.

I was about to open my mouth to tell her that there's no one who has particularly caught my eyes yet when he entered the cafeteria.

Seriously?

I quickly sat straight and fixed my hair. Natalie too noticed him entering, and her eyes went from blank to dreamy in an instant as she spoke, "...for me, it's him, Sam miller! He's a solid 11/10 only if he had a bit more muscle!". I was mildly shocked but pretended to just act fine.

She wasn't even hiding her crush on him and was openly staring, as his back was facing towards the opposite side. Even so, the shy and over conscious me could never relate.

Completely oblivious of the situation, she went on and on complimenting him. I stared at her, what sat before me seemed like a reflection of myself. And then, I started comparing myself with her. I bit my lips while looking down at my tightly clasped hands.

I hated this feeling!

She had that perfect curvy body, attractive features, and her confidence has always been something I've admired a lot.

Let's just say that if he had to choose from the two of us, he would clearly choose her. I shouldn't even be an option.

This sucked. I was feeling jealous. Why?

Just like me, anyone else can have a crush on him. This is wrong, I told myself I shouldn't be feeling this way.

Finally, I mustered all my courage to fake a smile, looked up, and informed her about my crush on him as well. She gasped and squealed. Almost after a few seconds, her eyes widened with realization "so that's why you asked me his name the other day", she smirked while wriggling her eyebrows.

I couldn't help but let out a chuckle at her funny expression. Afterward, throughout the rest of recess, we fangirled over him.

Halfway into our conversation, I realized that I should be ashamed of feeling this way because she was so sweet.

Why were I so afraid to lose him when he's not even mine?

Hi! ♡ Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to vote. :)