《 Chapter 14: Letting Go 》

Sam pov

I entered my high school. Even though it's only been a few months it felt like years since I last came here. It felt nostalgic. I can't believe my senior year just ended like that.

A lot has happened during the quarantine. I've started dating Mia Jones, who lives only a few miles away from my house. She's kind, easy-going and confessed to me right after musical night.

I looked around but my friends and Mia were nowhere to be seen. Instead my eyes rested on her.

The girl from the library.

She was looking back at me. Heat flooded my cheeks. Why? I wondered.

Ever since the little conversation we had. I somehow couldn't get her out of my mind. I would surprise myself by remembering her at such random times of the day. I kind of regretted not talking to her enough, she seems like such a nice person to be around.

And then I walked towards her.
Now that I saw her up close, it struck me that she looked... beautiful. I made sure my mouth wasn't opened in awe.

We talked a bit. And then she turned around.

Is it bad that I wanted to talk to her more?
But what do I talk about? Tell her that I love her taste in books? No, that's so random and I definitely would sound like a creep.

As I opened my mouth to ask her to stay, out of nowhere my friends and my girlfriend came and jumped at me.

Everyone's eyes were on me but my eyes were on her.

She turned around, and smiled a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes while mouthing a "goodbye."

For some reason, I felt my heartbreaking.

Perhaps, he liked her long before he told anyone. Maybe even before he knew himself.

This is the last chapter! I know it feels incomplete, but sometimes some stories don't really need a happy or complete ending

I know it feels incomplete, but sometimes some stories don't really need a happy or complete ending. This is a realistic ending, so there won't be an epilogue. To all those who gave it a shot to read my story, thankyou so much!
Sidenote: I am currently working on another book which comparatively will be very detailed. So I would appreciate if you would stick around to check it too. :)
"Honest feelings and bad timing make the most painful combination" 💔