4 - February 17

Hoseok's POV

ㅡHow is it possible that you're so good at this?ㅡJoon was really surprised. I smiled him back while I was finishing the page.

The page was ready. The technology week would take place the following week. Joon jumped everywhere while holding a bag of fries.

ㅡDon't waste it!ㅡ I yelled taking the bag away. Joon kept jumping on his own until he sat on the couch. As I left the bag on the cabinet, I heard Joon speak to himself. I walked over confused and found he was on the phone.

ㅡWhat?!ㅡhe screamedㅡI told you a thousand times not to go! No. Stay where you are. I'll be there in ten.

ㅡWhat's wrong?ㅡI asked while watching Joon packing his things. He went to his backpack and he took out a knifeㅡJ J-joon?

ㅡIt's my best friendㅡJoon's face reflected concern on drastic levels. I couldn't let him go alone. I was a little afraid of what was going to happen but, knowing the problem, I couldn't stay home.

[...]

ㅡGet down.

We were behind an abandoned building. At one point I spotted a person sitting against a metal mesh with his face looking at the ground, the other people were around him laughing, saying things and hitting him in the face. Joon was very tense.

ㅡI'm going to destroy them

ㅡJoon

ㅡNamjoon

ㅡListen to me!

Joon looked at me, I reached for his hand and motioned for him to let go of the knife. He resisted until he finally dropped it. He sat on the ground trying to calm down.

ㅡWhat should we do?

ㅡDistraction

Joon pushed me out of our hiding place. I stayed on the floor pretending I passed out. The murmuring ended and I heard footsteps approaching me.

ㅡWho's this guy?

ㅡLook around, someone might be watching us

ㅡIs he dead?ㅡone of them touched me with his feetㅡI think he...Jinho!

Joon had pulled his friend out of the grip and they both ran. They ignored me and went after them. I stood up immediately. On the way back, we got together and ran with everything we had. We reached our refuge. Joon closed the door and reinforced it with a piece of furniture nearby. Hasty footsteps were heard.

After a few minutes there was absolute silence.

ㅡI'm sorryㅡJoon's friend muttered.

He had bruises, cuts, and a swollen right eye and lower lip; he was on the verge of becoming unconscious. Joon went to his side looking around.

ㅡWe can't stay hereㅡsaidㅡCan we go to your home?

ㅡOf course

ㅡHelp me to stand him up

On the way home, his friend looked like he had passed out a few times. Finally at the entrance, Joon proceeded to leave him in the living room while I took care of looking for medications to treat the cuts.

ㅡIt will hurt

ㅡAfter this there's no way it will- SHIT.

Joon while smiling patted his friend's shoulder.

ㅡI almost cry for you

ㅡOh, look at youㅡhe looked at him smiling and then grimacing in pain.

ㅡWhat the hell were you doing in that place, Yoongi?

ㅡI don't want to talk about that now

ㅡYou almost died!ㅡJoon stood upㅡI almost lost you, Yoongi, and you don't want to talk about that?

They were both absolutely silent. There were certain personal problems between them that I had no idea about. Of course! You are just his classmate, Hoseok. What will you know about this situation?

ㅡI appreciate you and I care about you but I'm afraid is time to stop this

ㅡI can'tㅡJoon was facing towards another direction. Yoongi stood up leaving me with the bandages in hand.

ㅡYes, you can, but as any person you are terrified of the consequences. You used to be an extraordinary boy who was willing to help others

ㅡThat's what I am trying to do!

ㅡYou are using violence!

ㅡWhat else could I have done if I lost the one I loved the most because I kept watching how they took his life without doing nothing?

Silence made his visit again.

Joon immediately left the place.

Yoongi sat down, then he let me apply the final bandages.

ㅡWhat's your name?ㅡhe asked out of blueㅡI'm sorry I didn't asked earlier but you know...

ㅡHoseokㅡI answered while packing up everythingㅡIs okay, is totally understandable

ㅡDo you think what I said was wrong?

I looked at him for a few seconds.

ㅡI think it's not my place to answer that

ㅡAre you his friend?

ㅡClassmate. I don't know much about himㅡI closed the box.

ㅡJoon used to be a golden hearted boyㅡhe saidㅡI'm not saying that "that" heart isn't there anymore, it's just that, things changed since the incident. He joined gangs. He learned to fight as punishment for what happened. I tried telling him that it wasn't his fault, but he didn't want to listen...

I pondered his words for a moment. I sat next to him.

ㅡNot all of us take it well. Some find peace by doing what Joon does, but ... I think deep down, he wants to escape from that. I've seen him jump like a five year old every time something good happens. What kind of gangster would do that?

Yoongi smiled a little bit,

ㅡSo if you want this whole situation to end, you have to make him see that you are there. Regardless of the path he chooses.

Yoongi was speechless looking at a point behind us. I turned my head and Joon was there.

ㅡSorry, I shouldn't have sai-

Joon walked over and gave Yoongi a hug. The one who was hugged hesitated to return the hug. Finally, he relented and Joon let out the pent-up emotions in his chest.

ㅡI am so sorryㅡhe saidㅡI've been an asshole

ㅡNo one is prepared to lose someoneㅡYoongi repliedㅡyou owe it to him

Joon smiled at me

So did I.