Not Meant To Be || Lishaaa7

Hello everyone! I'm back with another review!

This is again a long one.

1. First impressions (title, cover and blurb)

I like the title, because of its simplicity. I also think it can hold a lot of meaning in it. The cover matches the blurb and so the storyline, which is always nice. It is too simple for my taste though and the font is hard to read. Lots of people judge a book by the cover and when a title is hard to read people somethings don't continue reading.

The blurb wasn't very exciting to me. I'm not that into bad boy stories anymore, and a forced marriage is a very outdated concept. Only if it has a good explained reason would it make sense and I didn't pick up on a logical reason as to why Isabella is forced to marry a stranger, especially since she is still in high school.

Overall I personally wouldn't have chosen to read this story if I wasn't asked to review this.

2. spelling, grammar; text overall (how do I like your writing style?)

You put a disclaimer in your blurb about grammatical mistakes, so I knew that there would some mistakes. But I just think it was a bit too much, causing the story to be hard to read. In my opinion it was of poor quality. The use of words like 'hella' and 'outta' breaks up the natural flow of reading and is not something that is used in novel writing. There were also lots of puntication marks missing like ".", commas or colons. This again breaks op the flow of the reading because it brings errors in the structure of the sentences.

Besides this there is a lot of switching between writing in past tense and present. Like using 'is' instead of 'was' or 'creates' instead of 'created'. The switching between using more extravagant words like meticulously while also using 'hella' is inconsistent and again disrupting the reading experience. Then most noticeable of all was the inconsistent use of a capital I when Isabella was revering to herself. The 'i' always needs to be capitalised in sentences like "when I was little, I broke my leg [...]".

Lastly, the dialogue is too quick and does not come across as natural. The sentences are short and do not come across as if people are holding a conversation. Reading a dialogue out loud can help you figure out if it sounds natural or not.

3. Story/plotline (is it too slow or too fast? How exciting it is?)

There is no description of surroundings and there is almost no use of body language (which in writing can be essential to portray feelings and thoughts of characters). There is no explanation as to why Isabella is forced to marry a stranger, nor is there given any warning about the arrangement. With this, just one week is almost an impossibly short time to plan a wedding. Wedding dresses usually take about six to eight weeks (at least) to be customized.

The father doesn't softens the blow of his announcement by preparing Isabella for what he is going to say nor does he tell her whom she is going to marry, if she is going to meet him before the wedding or what the reason for the wedding is.