Prologue: Asuna

I started the game Sword Art Online because my brother who painstakingly bought the game had to go overseas several days before the launch of the game.
So I borrowed the game from him.
Before this game, I had not played any type of game.
I was a good girl.
My life had stagnated, although I had no idea at the time.

After spending hours calibrating the Nervegear to my body.
I created a character that looked just like me and named her Asuna.
I happen to know for a fact that I am not the only one that did it.
There is a certain player who used their real name as their player ID.
I heard that her friend also used her real name.
My hair is brown and long, and I wear it up in a kind of easy way to wear it.
My eyes are brown.
I am 15 years old.
I lie down on my bed after calibrating the Nervegear and creating my character.
I am wearing a white cardigan and a slip.
You do not need to know what underwear I am wearing.
I close my eyes and give the only voice command of the Nervegear.
"Link Start!"

A couple of days ago and before the day of my brother's departure, we, the whole family got called out to the government offices, to adopt a new member of the Yuuki household.
I have heard that it went swimmingly.

So now fast forward to the present time.
The year is 2022.
The date is the 11th of November.
I have heard that my new family member will be playing Sword Art Online.
I am going to go look for her.
I didn't find her.
I am wearing a leather top and skirt, with no armor.
My weapon is an Iron Rapier.
It's the starting weapon for the game.
Unless it's under special circumstances, you have to buy your starting weapon from a weapons shop.
It cost me 100 Cor.
I also bought a red cloak after the first event, at the time I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Sometime later I found my sister and her friend struggling with a new reality.
There is no logout button.
I formed a party with my sister and her friend until we were force-teleported to the Town of Beginning's main plaza.