Smile part 2

Three years later

Its been three years since that fate full night and Emily still has nightmares every now and again about what happened. She hasn't put the mask on since then but sometimes she gets an urge to try it. After the accident she was sent to an orphanage. While there she kept the box under her bed but once she moved into a new house with a new family, she decided it was safer to put it in the attic where nobody went.

Tomorrow was her sixteenth birthday and all her friends were coming over. Emily hadn't told them anything about her past and never planned to. She wanted a normal life like everyone else but today that would all change. All kids did nowadays was hang around on their phones and do nothing, so while her friends did exactly that she decided to finally go up to the attic and try on the mask. The attic was covered in cobwebs and dirty old boxes full of family jewels were stacked in neat rows. She searched the whole attic including all the secret rooms that hid behind tons of boxes. Emily was about to give up guessing that her parents threw it, when out of the corner of her eye she spotted it. It was sitting there in the midst of everything, glimmering in the light. She slowly walked towards it ready to open the box that held the secrets of her past. The box was old and dusty and it had a lock on it but luckily Emily had the key. She brushed of the dust from the box as she stuck the key into the hole and twisted it to the side "Ka-click" The box opened to reveal the mask and the card lying their like she had left them years ago. As she lifted the mask out of the box she heard a loud bang from behind her. She turned around and caught a glimpse of a dark shadowy figure running across the room. Emily turned back and saw her friend Mary standing there. "You nearly gave me a heart attack" Emily shouted at her. "Sorry, I got bored and saw that the attic door was open so I decided to come up here and explore" Mary explained. They both just stared at each other for a long awkward while before Emily realised that Mary was looking at the mask she was still holding in her hand. Emily quickly slid it behind hee back like it was never there." What's that?" Mary asked." None of your business" Emily yelled at her.

 Mary just looks at her then turns around and heads back through the darkness to the door. After she leaves Emily just sits there thinking about how she had been so rude to her friend. She decides to go and apologise to Mary. As she walks past all the boxes she sees a figure sitting in the corner of the attic crying. Thinking it's her friend Emily goes to touch their shoulder but before she can touch them they turn around and the minute she sees a glimpse of their face she tries to run but the figure grabs her hand and pulls her back. They pin her against the wall. "How did you find me "Emily yells while tears run down her pale and cold face ."It was easy ,all I had to do was pretend I was one of your friends looking for you and that stupid Mary friend of yours lead me straight to you" .He points behind him. Emily looks to see a sight that causes her to cover her mouth trying not to throw up. Her friend is splayed out across the floor with her guts hanging out of her now lifeless body.