Chapter 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 (Daymon's POV)

Willow starts up the stairs while I stay to say good night to my parents. Before I go up stairs, Peeta stops me.

"Hey Daymon, can we talk for a second?" He asks, guesturing to the kitchen where Katniss is washing up the last of the dishes.

" Of course, Sir" I say.

I walk in to the kitchen, I can see the concernd looks on their faces, even though they are trying to hide it.

They look at eachother and Katniss says " We want to give Willow a night alone. Trust me, it has nothing to do with you, just that... well it's been almost 14 years since she has been alone through the night. We haven't wanted to risk it, because we know how much it hurts her, but we have been talking, Peeta and I, and we are going to give it a try tonight."

At first I want to protest, they can't put Willow through that torture! But before I say anything, I think. They are rigt. They don't what will happen, and they need to know if she is still haunted by the nightmares. 

" Alright, should I go home now? Or did you have something in mind?"

"Wait unill she falls asleep, and then you should go home" Says Peeta. His face reflects my feelings. Sad, scared. We don't know what will happen.

I head upstairs and prepare myself for the night. I coax Willow to lie down and I take my time doing my thing. She falls asleep fairly quickley so I quietly go downstairs, nod to Mr. and Mrs. Mellark and slip outside to my home next door.

I instantly bolt upright in my bed at the sound of a high pitched scream. In no time I am walking up the front steps and knocking on the Mellarks door. It opens and Mr. Mellark says " Go right up."