Tickled Pink - Benedict Cumberbatch x Reader One Shot

“Yo, cheekbones!” I laughed, as I ran up the stairs.

Benedict spun on his heel and, arms flailing, ran after me. “Cheekbones?!” he laughed, incredulous.

“Yeah,” I continued running, through the set of Sherlock. “I'm in your seat, Sherlock!” I laughed loudly as I settled myself into the old armchair.

Benedict stopped in the doorway and looked at me. Slowly his face changed from one of laughter, to one of mock disgust. “How. Dare. You?!” he growled playfully, rushing towards me.

I let out a short squeal, but didn't move as he piled on top of me. I carefully hit out, my arms getting caught in his Sherlock coat. His hands were fast and skilful as they reached under my jacket and tickled my sides. “No!” I laugh-squealed. “No!”

“Yes!” he chuckled lowly, knowing he was winning. “This is what you get for sitting in my seat!” He reached his arms high, giving me a momentary pause in which to breathe, before attacking me with renewed energy.

“Ben!-”

He pinned my arms above my head as he tickled me with his other hand.

“-AH!-”

He placed his knees either side of my hips, trapping me in place.

“-Dict!”

He laughed loudly. I tried to escape. I wanted to have the upper-hand, but I couldn't move. I hadn't laughed this much in a long time. Suddenly, I had an idea... I lay there completely still. I stopped laughing.

“Are you okay?!” his concerned eyes looked down on me, the smile fading quickly.

In a flash, I was on top of him, holding his wrists to the ground, pinning his hips with my legs, and grinning down at his confused expression. “Ha!”

His teeth showed in an understanding, amused, yet menacing smile. “You little...”

I laughed as I tried to restrain both his wrists with one hand so I could tickle him with the other. It worked for merely a second before one of his strong arms broke free and wrapped itself around my waist, pulling me too close to his body for me to be able to move.

Looking deep into each other's eyes, neither of us moved. His lips were right there, but I dared not look at them. With my body pressed against his, an eternity could have passed me by, and I wouldn't have known. I could see the ocean in his eyes, and I wanted to swim. I wanted to explore him. All of him.

I chanced a glance at his lips, and they turned up slightly at the edge. He slowly freed his other hand, as my eyes narrowed suspiciously. Our stare was never broken, as he wrapped both arms around me, and slowly sat up. Now I practically sat on his lap, as he held me against his torso. My hands naturally found their places – one on his neck, and the other running through his curly hair. I dared to take a longer look at his lips. Parted slightly, they were inviting. His eyes seemed to be trying to figure me out. I smiled to let him know that everything was okay. More than okay, in fact, everything was amazing. Beyond words. His grip on me loosened, and I think the fact that I didn't move away gave him all the encouragement he needed.

I realised that hardly any real time had passed while all this was happening in slow-motion before me. He kissed me so softly, so tenderly, that it completely took my breath away. The way his nose pressed against the side of mine, so his lips could dance with mine... the way his eyes closed slowly, to savour this moment, I had to copy him. My skin tingled wherever he touched me, and behind my closed lids, I saw nothing but him. It was as though every time I'd ever looked at him was stored in my mind, waiting to come out and make me smile. I grinned into the kiss, and I felt Benedict do the same.

Somehow, we broke the kiss laughing. His eyes crinkled at the edges as he swiftly ran a hand through his hair. “Well,” he started slowly, “that was interesting.”

“Yeah,” I agreed, with a chuckle.

“Want to do it again?”

“Please.”