Eggs Benedict - Benedict Cumberbatch x Reader One Shot

“Morning, sleepyhead,” I laughed, as I placed a glass of water on the bedside cabinet.

Bleary-eyed, but as beautiful as ever, Benedict Cumberbatch woke up slowly, a look of sheer confusion on his face. “Um... good morning?”

“How are you feeling?” I asked, unable to hide the amusement in my voice.

“Um... I'm okay. What's going on?”

“You remember coming over after work last night?”

“Yeah...”

“You fell asleep on the sofa, so I let you stay here.”

“Why don't I remember?”

“You were completely out of it, Ben.” I laughed gently, sitting on the edge of my bed. “You were so tired when you got here, that I'd only gone to get us some drinks and you'd dropped off in front of the TV.”

“I'm so sorry,” he muttered, taking a sip of the water I'd provided.

“Why are you apologising?!” I slapped his bare arm gently, realising once again how much I loved the feel of his skin against mine. “I should be the one saying sorry – I'm the one that insisted you come over last night.”

“Yeah,” he looked earnestly into my eyes, “as if I wouldn't have just shown up anyway!” He had a point; lately we seemed to hardly go a day without seeing each other, because while he was near, we had to grab visiting opportunities wherever possible. “Hang on,” his eyes sparkled, “why am I in your bedroom?”

“Where else would you be?”

“In the living room! Or the spare room!”

“You were dead to the world, Ben,” I laughed, “so it was easier to get you in here than have to prop you against the wall to clean up the spare room first.”

“You shouldn't have given up your bed! I would have slept on the floor, if what you're saying is true.”

I laughed, gently moving one of his curls from his forehead. “Don't be silly.”

“Thank you,” he muttered.

I squeezed his hand and stood to leave, “Breakfast?”

“Please.”

“I'll see what I've got...” I flashed him a smile and waltzed out, grinning to myself.

Several minutes later, I heard my bedroom door opening, so I shouted, “Eggs, Benedict?”

His low, heart-stopping laugh sounded through my home, “You're an angel.”