«part two»

part two;

can you really call it luck?

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Warning: -spoiler alert ♥

-swearing♥-gore♥-a shitty father 2.0♥

enjoy this chapter

.

.

.

.

"How about you become useful and marry a demon slayer to ensure your future?"

"...I beg your pardon?" My straight back became a forced posture as I tried to maintain my so-called calmness. But I was far away from being calm. I was furious, and my question was still unanswered.

"Where is mother?"

He just made a closed eye smile and leaned back from my face.
"Well, you know demon slayers earn a lot of money, and they are strong. They are the best kinds of husbands, dear. Why don't you just marry one? They would be delighted to marry such a pretty girl such as you!" He praised, slowly pacing back and forth in front of me with his arms behind his back.

I watched him with mild horror as he continued to ramble on about my marriage with a slayer. Money, wealth, safety, children. He claimed these are trivial things in life that only demon slayers and other high-class members of society can provide.

"Wouldn't you agree?" He asked, turning to me and that damned smile was still on his face. I swear I could see his eyes shine with happiness.

Is he being actually sincere? Is he serious?

"Wouldn't I agree? Are you out of your mind?" I growled back at him, while Akemi was still trembling in my arms. She was holding my sleepwear so tightly, I was sure it's gonna tear soon. I ever so often cooed to her and tried to calm her down, but with me also being on edge, it was not easy.

He stopped pacing and looked at me with a genuinely confused look.

I scoffed and started laughing ironically.
"You say those are trivial, do you not? And you claim to be a demon slayer too, right?"

"Strange. Then how come you didn't even have one thing from that list? You have no money, you are not wealthy, you did not make us safe, and I was an only child when you were my father."

He disappeared from my eyes, but then I felt nothing.

And by nothing, I mean nothing in my arms.

'Was there... Something in my arms? I.. can't remember suddenly...'

The shock only just caught up to me, and I wasn't able to grasp the situation. My mind blanked. I didn't know why I was here, what happened, because all I could think of was-

'Flight or fight. Now or never. This is your only chance to end everything for your family once and for all.'

"NEE-SAN!"