E - Father's Day

I woke up to the sun peering through the curtains. I quickly rubbed my eyes before I noticed Ethan was already awake and up, out of bed.

Dragging myself out of bed, I quickly brushed my teeth before leaving our room and walking into the kitchen. I found Ethan stood there making breakfast.

"Ooh, what are you making?" I ask as I hugged him from behind and looked over his shoulder.

"Avocado toast." He replied faintly, "do you want some?"

"I'm okay thanks." I reply realising he wasn't okay, even thought I knew exactly why we was upset. "You okay babe?"

"Yeah." He kept his eyes fixed on making his breakfast.

"Hey." I say placing my hand on his and lifting his chin up so that he was going to face me. "It's going to be okay."

Ethan gave me a faint smile before bringing me in for a hug. It was a long hug, and I squeezed him tightly.

"I know today is going to be hard, it's the same for me when it comes to Mother's Day. I miss my mum so much! And I know you miss your dad so much too. You just have to live this day in celebration of him instead of focusing about him not being here." I smiled as I rubbed his cheek with my thumb.

"I know." He replied faintly.

"Tell you what, after you eat, we'll go on a walk to take your mind off of some things, okay." I held his hand.

"Okay." He faintly smiled before I started walking back to our room to get dressed.

"Y/n, wait." Ethan pulled me back from my wrist. "Thankyou."

"You're more than welcome." I hug him tightly. "I'm always here for you, and care about you so much! Love ya." I smile before pecking him on the cheek.

"I love you too." Ethan whispered back.

"I'll be back out in a minute, okay." I say, Ethan nodding before heading back to our room to get dressed.