Chapter 3

" Why must we keep walking these long distances?" I groan. "Why can't we you know. Portal there." I suggest.  I hear Saruman sigh. " As much as I would love to just "Portal" there we can't. It takes a lot of energy to transport from one place to another." I sigh and stay quiet after he answers.

We continue walking for about another hour or so before we come across a small house covered in bougainvillea. The purple , yellow, orange and red flowers complex engulfed the house .

As we get closer to the house an older woman steps out on to her porch with an tea cup and a book in her hands. Heading to sit down at the little table to the left of the door entrance. When we come into her line of view she quickly stands up and claps her hands together walking to us.

"Ah! There you are my snap dragons told me you were coming." She spoke. She takes a step back and looks Saruman and Blaise over. "My have you boys grown. I remember the days your mothers came to me to have me help birth you like yesterday. " she hummed. And then her eyes came to me.

Taking in every black vein that showed it's way through my skin. "Oh dear." She said waving me to come to her . I step forward more so she can see me better.

"I have something for you my dear. Follow me." She says turning around and walking to the back of her house. She walks over to some purple flowers and plucks them from the stem. "Lavender and Delphiniums." She spoke walking from one plant to another. Then she turned to her house and waved us to follow her. 

As we step inside we can see vines weaving in and out of the cracks in her walls. She starts to walk to this cage that contains a black owl with a white beak. And she goes to a tank under the cage grabbing a tan mouse with red eyes by its tail. The owl starts to go crazy like it hasn't eaten in days and she talks it .
"Hush now Hibou."

She takes and opens his cage and sets the mouse inside. " Blood from an owls prey." She hums. As soon as she says that the owl grips the mouses body in his tallens and rips a chunk of its throat out making me cringe as the mouse wiggles around still trying to get loose before it starts to die.

Before the owl starts to fully eat the mouse the woman snatched mouse away from the owl and hangs it by the tail above the bowl of flowers she picked. Making the flowers get covered in blood before she tosses the mouse back in the cage with the owl. And then turns to me with a letter opening knife. I step back from her quickly." What are you doing?" I say in a panic.

"Calm down dear. Do you want the black rose curse lifted or not she said waving the knife around in a circle. I turn my head to look at Saruman and Blaise . "It'll be okay. I promise." Saruman says to me." She's just going to prick your finger for a little blood." Blaise says. I nod my head and stick my finger out to the woman. But she had other plans.

She grabs my wrist and pulls me to her slicing my palm making my golden blood stream from the wound and making it feverishly drip onto the concoction in the bowl making me hold my breath and curse from the pain. "You said just a finger prick!" I growled at Blaise as he tries to hold back a smile.

"Oh relax. A finger prick would heal too fast ." He snaps back. I turn my head back to the woman and see her waiting for wound to heal before she continues her spell. She takes a white candle ,lights it and lets it's drip on the items until all the wax of the candle is melted.

Saying spell under her breath to the point that no one could hear her. When she's almost done with her spell I start to feel lightheaded and numb on one side of my brain. Next thing I knew is I was on the ground violently shaking and not being able to control my limbs or open my eyes for the life of me. All of a sudden everything went dark.

When I felt myself in my body again I started to feel a hot liquid drip on my closed eyes and harden. I quickly sit up and rip the hardened wax off my eye lids. I swiftly look around trying to figure out where I'm at but I'm met with Cordelias dull blue eyes.