Chapter 2

The days pass by with Jimin trying to keep his distance with Taehyung as much as he can. After he was left on his own, he made a pact to himself that he will get over his foolish sentiment because there's no way in hell that his friend would see him in a different light. They didn't even talk about their preference yet, what if Taehyung is straight and he gets uncomfortable once he finds out? Is he ready to lose Taehyung completely?

Therefore, when Taehyung asked for a video call, he declined.

When Taehyung asked to go to the park, he said he's tired.

When Taehyung texted him, he kept his reply short; sometimes he left him on read.

It was hellacious being distant from the one that you care for the most but Jimin is taking baby steps and he coaxed himself that it is for the better.

Another long day is ahead, they will finally start working on the choreography of one of their new songs. The members started practicing early in the studio while Taehyung will just catch up because he has a photoshoot for the drama. Amidst their short break Jimin's phone rang that caught everyone's attention.

"Your phone has been ringing, Jiminie. Aren't you going to answer?" Hoseok was curious why his roommate was deliberately avoiding the call.

"It's nothing, I'm sure it's just Tae."

"Since when did Tae become nothing to you Jimin-ah?" Yoongi uttered with sarcasm, his head lies on Hoseok's lap because he is tired and that's how he recharged apparently.

Jimin wanted to smack Yoongi's head for being nosy because he's only adding to his struggle. Why does he have to be the dongsaeng among the two of them?

"He's not nothing hyung. What are you on? Ugh. Whatever, excuse me."

Jimin pressed the green button to answer Taehyung after multiple attempts of ignoring.

"Hello?"

"How long are you going to avoid me, Jimin-ah?"

"What are you saying, Tae? I'm on practice."

"No, you're not."

"Yes, I am."

"I know you are, but you're not.''

"What? You know I don't have time for this right now, yeah?"

"But you have time now."

"Tae-"

"Because you're on break, Jimin-ah and you're just sitting on the floor while you let your phone ring."

"How did you-"

"The door is open and I've been standing here for a few minutes."

Jimin didn't know what to say. He was caught red handed neglecting the call, not now when Taehyung is staring right at him and taking the steps to approach him where he is. Why did he ever turn his back on the mirror while sitting? He could have seen Taehyung's reflection if he didn't. Jimin might just cry for real.

Taehyung took his seat on the floor right next to him, his face is blank and Jimin knows he's doomed. One thing that he figured about Taehyung is that no matter how patient he is, he gets really cold and scary when angry. Among the two of them, he's the one with a black belt in Taekwondo but Taehyung ended up protecting him in school, always ready to get it to the streets for Jimin if someone bullies him. Damn, Capricorn.

Quick. Jimin. Think.

"I-I'm sorry, Tae. I'm just really tired and lazy to move an inch." He opted for what he knows that will work best and that is his puppy eyes and pout. He knows he's cute. Taehyung finds him cute, it should work.