Chapter 9

MICHAEL'S POV

"Oh shit."

"Kehlani?" Rose, Lani's momma, called walking up the stairs as Lani and the girls walked out the bathroom.

I couldn't hear what they were sayin' but I knew damn well they were lyin' their asses off.

Finally they were done talkin and Lani and the others came back inside.

"Ok, my mom is gonna be in the kitchen so you gotta climb out of my room window."

"Ok but before I leave can we talk?" I asked stopping her before she walked out the bathroom with the girls.

"Uh, yeah I guess." She sighed. "What do you wanna talk about?"

I gave her a look "You know what I wanna talk about." She rolled her eyes "Well, I don't wanna talk about that." She looked at the floor.

"But I do." I held her chin so she can look up at me. "Are you mad at me or somethin', because you haven't talked to me all day?" I asked, I really just want her to talk to me.

"Just because I haven't talked to you all day doesn't mean I'm mad at you. I just... I just didn't want to talk about... this." She said pointing between us when she said "this".

"Why not?"

"Because i just don't. Not right now. Come on we gotta get you out of here." She walked out, dismissing the conversation, and i followed.

Once we got to her room the window was already opened. "Ok hurry up and leave." Isabella said lookin' me up and down. I walked over to the window and looked out of it and quickly turned around. "Now how the fuck am i suppose to climb out this tall ass window with out breakin' a bone?"

"You can't, now get the fuck out." Isabella tried to push me but i wouldn't budge. "You skinny but you a heavy ass nigga."

"Try to climb down the tree, its close enough." Jada suggested. "Yeah, ok. I'll see yall tomorrow."

I climbed out and ended up falling to the ground. "Shit." I winced as I got up. Lani quickly ran to the window, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm good." I limped away. 'Least I aint break anything.

I got inside my car and drove away.

****
The Next Day After School

As I climb through Lani's window, I saw her quickly get up from her bed. "Michael, what are you doin' here?" She asked as I got all the way through the window.

"I came to say 'Hi'." I said and she squinted her eyes at me.

"Goodbye." She sarcastically said and I smacked my teeth. "You can't be here. You remember that "friends from a distance" thing?"

"Since when do you listen to me?" I asked and she scoffed. "Yo momma here?" I walked up to her and she shook her head.

"No, but-"

"Then I can be here." I shrugged and she rolled her eyes.

"Ok for real, why are you here?" She sighed.

"You still aint say 'thank you' for yesterday."

She gave me an annoyed look, "Is that really why you came here, just for me to say thank you?"

"You're welcome." I smiled and she gave me a deadpan look.

I walked closer to her. "You still mad at me?" I looked into her eyes and tilted my head to the side. It took her a while to respond as she had an unsure look on her face.