[1: Discovery]

Third-person POV

Hinata Shoyo, A talented first year amongst the volleyball team, had been Coughing. A lot. Sometimes blood. He treated it as nothing and assumed it was just a small infection, but he was wrong. Very wrong.

"Hinata," Kageyama Tobio, His crush since the second he saw the boy's mysterious face in his last in final match of middle school, started walking up to Hinata as he was practicing. Hinata suddenly felt a familiar lump in his throat. "Want me to throw you one?" Kageyama asked.

"Su-" But before Hinata could answer, He coughed. Hard. He covered his mouth during the cough and once the many coughs were done, he lifted his hand to see not only blood but, "...A petal?" Hinata mumbled under his breath. He forgot Kageyama was right next to him. He looked up quickly to see Kageyama with a concerned look, with a ball in his hand. Hinata looked dumbfounded, and quickly put the petal in us back pocket,

"What'tchu say?" Kageyama asked.

Hinata answered quickly. "Oh, Uh... I said... Sure! Uh, Toss me one, Kageyama!" Hinata was sweating. It was clear he was lying, But Kageyama just rolled his eyes, not feeling like getting into too long of a conversation.

                                    Kageyama's POV

Hinata has been acting weird all day. No, not day, WEEK. He constantly keeps asking to be excused to go to the bathroom, and he's always coughing. He better not be sick and refusing to stay home, I care abo- I m-mean... I don't want that boke getting me sick. Yeah, that's it. Anyway, we're just practicing for no less than 30 minutes when Hinata starts coughing. A whole lot, too.

"What's up with you lately? You've been coughing non-stop." I look at him pensively, trying to figure out what's going on. Once he finishes his coughing fit, he moves his hand from his hand and looks at it. His eyes widened. What is going on with him? I thought.

"Uh- Sorry Kageyama! I got to go to the bathroom, I'll be back in a bit!"

"Wait-!" But before I know it, He throws the ball back towards me, and runs out of the gym. I notice that he dropped something from his back pocket, but before I go to pick it up, I notice the ball has... Red stains? Ugh, I bet he drank some cranberry juice earlier and stained his hands... That little shit, He's gonna mess up all of the balls. I quickly head over to Suga and ask him to clean it, and he politely agrees.

After that, I headed over to the thing that Hinata dropped and picked it up. A petal? Wonder if he has a secret admirer... Not that I'm jealous or anything! It's just... Weird...

                                       Hinata's POV

I continue coughing as I'm running to the bathrooms, my hand over my mouth. I make my way into the mens' bathroom and kick open a stall and uncover my mouth. I immediately start throwing up blood, and lot's of... Petals? WHAT is going on?! After a good two minutes of coughing, I sit up. I cannot believe my eyes. I look around me. The toilet seat is covered in petals, and there's blood. Everywhere. No, no, no... It can't be... Is it... For Kageyama? This is...

"H...Hanahaki..." Tears start streaming down my face. Suddenly there are footsteps behind me and I hear a large gulp of water. I turn around quickly to see Nishinoya, slowly setting his water bottle down from his mouth in disbelief, looking around the open door to my stall.

"...Hinata...? What is this?"

--------------------------

[Authors Note]

Please ignore how horrible this is!!

Anyway, please bare with me on this senpais!!! thank u!! bye!!

~beans