Chapter 5: Strained Relations

AN: Be forewarned, you are about to hit the part of the story where you begin to hate me.

Halloween was swiftly upon the teens at Bayview High School. For the first time in ages the football team was winning the majority of their games. Coach Ryan was so happy with their performance that he wished the school board had redrafted the school boundaries ages ago. A large part of if had to do with Jackson Fuller. While Jackson's original tenure was good (he was a gifted kicker) he seemed to come into his own and managed to help the coach shape the eclectic group of players into a team. The coach knew Jackson was being scouted by some of the best collages around once word of the dramatic shift of wins-losses had been posted and compared to previous season. As the season was starting to wind down, there were only a handful of games left. Jackson had helped lead the Bayview team to the regional division but the team was up against fierce competition. Coach Ryan had been holding extra practice secession for the team in his efforts to get them ready for their toughest challenges. The dream was to make it to the finals but that would take a herculean effort. The team was giving it their all but the pressure was at an all time high.

Rocki Harmon was in a particularly grumpy mood. While she did not care for football she had started attending games more often to support her boyfriend. He didn't mind if she didn't show up, as he knew she didn't care for the game, but when she did start coming he found himself doing better as she always sat front and center. Rocki had been less than thrilled the first day of school when Jackson had returned from his meeting with the football coach to find that he was rejoining the football team. Jackson had never even mentioned considering rejoining until that moment. A part of her was just annoyed that his football practices and games would be cutting into their alone time. As it was their senior year their would be numerous other things taking up their free time, SAT tests, college visits, and other extracurriculars. She also didn't expect Jackson's team to perform as well as it had been (based on previous years). Rocki was actually quite proud of Jackson's accomplishments, not that she voiced it to anyone other than Ramona or the Fullers.

Jackson and the team were currently facing off against Mid-Central High School, which in itself was not a big deal. No, what had her blood boiling was the antics of Sienna Logan. Sienna was a part of the Bayview Dance Team alongside Ramona, Coco and several other mutual friends. Ramona was the team captain with the ability to add and cut members as she saw fit. Sienna seemed to be raining in her tongue and did as she was told so Ramona never had any grounds to cut her from the team. The dance team had come out during half time and performed as they normally did. However, as the team was leaving the field Sienna lagged behind several steps. When the dancers were off the field only Sienna was still there and was waiting for her team to retake the field. Rocki watched as Sienna Sauternes over to Jackson and get very touchy feely with him. She saw Jackson recoil at the advance before he joined the other guys on the field. Rocki was silently fuming when Ramona joined her in the stands.

"Rocki are you ok?" Ramona asked her close friend. Ever since Lola move away prior to their freshman year Rocki has taken her spot as her closest friend. Rocki had helped her deal with her Marius Yo situation, she had helped her numerous times with personal issues and relationship advice with Ethan. Despite Rocki being hard for many people to read Ramona actually knew her moods quite well and could tell that Rocki was about to explode.

"Sienna." Rocki said through gritted teeth.

"What about her." Ramona asked.

"That little tramp is trying to turn Jackson's head." Rocki informed her best friend.

"She what?" Ramona asked dumbfounded.

"She stayed back when the dance team cleared the field to wait for him. When the team made there way out she held him back and put her hands on him." Rocki said. She slammed her right fist into her left palm, wishing that it was Sienna's face.