[4] Old friend

After I said that I laid some money on the table and got up, sipping the tea and finishing it quickly.
I got a to go box for my  food and looked back at Uraraka- not knowing how she reacted.

Uraraka had a face of disgust, sadness, and anger. She was looking at her lemonade, not even daring to look at me.
I took the hint and I took my to go box and walked out of the cafe.

I put my earbuds in and listened to random depressing music. Putting on the music proved to be a waste because I blocked everything out, lost in thought.

Stupid D̵͎̼̯̼̖͓̀e̶͗̾k̶̔̉û̶ did you see her face? She hates you.

No one cares at all.

Your only friend wants you dead.

She regrets meeting you.

Quirkless mistake.

I snapped out of my train of thought when I realize where I walked to.
It was a park, the one that I went to as a kid with kacchan. Just seeing this park brought back lots of memories.

"Kacchan! Save me from the evil villains!"

"Don't worry Izu! For I! The mighty katsuki is here!"

"Yay!! I'm saved!"

The young me giggled and clapped my hands as kacchan picked me up, due to me being the same size as him we both fell down hugging and giggling.

I pause my memories as I walk over to a familiar swing set. I hold the chains and sit on the plastic part and I start kicking through the air.

Swoosh..
Swoosh..
Swoosh..

I return back to my memories.

"Kacchan! Kacchan! Did you get your quirk?!"

"Yeah I did! Watch this!"

I watched as kacchan made sparks come from his palm, mesmerized by how cool it was.

Swoosh..
Swoosh..
Swoosh..

"Wow kacchan! Your quirk is so cool! I wonder when I will get mine!"

I touched one of the sparks and felt a pain shoot through my finger and winced.

"Izu, are you okay? I'm sorry, I promise to never hurt you with my quirk ever again!
I will only help people and be just a good hero as All might!"

Swoosh..
Swoosh..
Swoosh..

Each time that promise was broke I too, broke. Now I'm shattered.

Kacchan hugged me and he kissed the finger that was hurt, Smiling and being innocent.

"There we go! All better now!"

"Thank you kacchan! You will be such a great hero, We can be heros together!
Fighting the bad guys with our awesome quirks!"

I made fighting noises as I punched the air and giggling.

Swoosh..
Swoosh..
Swish!

My swinging was interrupted by an ash blonde grabbing the chain and stopping me.

I fall out of the swing due to momentum and I  lay on my back in the grass and look up to the sky.

The sky is quickly blocked by my childhood friend and now bully clouding my vision.
looking down at me.

"The hell are you doing here shitty D̵͎̼̀e̶͗̾͛͆k̶û̶!?"

Kacchan said, a little louder then needed as he gently kicked my side and scoffed.

I didn't say anything as I just kept thinking about how much kacchan has changed, He used to be so nice and happy.
Now he's always annoyed and rude.

"Get up. You look stupid, And why the hell are you not saying anything?!

I decide to do as he says and so he doesn't get super pissed I reply in a sort of shaky voice.

"O-oh it's nothing- im just thinking.."

Kacchan decided to question me about my answer.

"About what?! What the hell do you have to think about?!"

I decided to be honest and tell him what I was thinking about.

"I-i was thinking about when we were younger, when we were still friends."

I looked away and got back on the swing, swinging but not leaving the ground by more then a few feet, nervous.

"That's fucking stupid, stop thinking about it  because it will get your hopes up and were not becoming friends again."

Kacchan sighed and sat on the swing next to mine and started swinging.

An odd silence followed us for about a moment as he swung.

Swoosh swoosh...
Swoosh swoosh...
Swoosh swoosh...

"Kacchan, why are you so mean to me? I've never done anything to you.."

I looked into Kacchans crimson eyes as I said this and saw them turn into a mixture of emotions. I couldnt make out most of them, but one I did see-
at least I thought I saw, was sadness.

"Shut up I- D̵̀e̶͗̾͛ku̶, its because your a quirkless nobody but yet somehow you get everything. You have friends!
You have a quirk just handed to you!
You didn't even have to try!"

I froze as he mentioned my quirk.
How the fuck did he know that?!
I quickly started to try and think of a lie and stutter one out.

"W-wha- M-my quirk wasn't g-given to me- my q-quirk was just a l-late bloomer-"

Kacchan sighed as he easily read my face and knew it was a lie.

"I'm not fucking stupid. I overheard you and All might talking one day so don't even try lying.."

------------------------------------------------------------
A/N
Haha! A cliffhanger!
I'm so evil, but I got another chapter out!
I should have the next one out in a few days

Anyways, Have a good day/night
and take care of yourselves.
Drink some water, eat some food, and go to sleep!

(910 words)