Chapter 1

It was early in the morning and Tom was on a morning run while I was with Kate helping her with something.

"Hey, good run?" Kate asked as I look up to see Tom walking in with a white shirt on and with sweat all over his body.

"Oh yeah." He said as he sat down on a chair as he breathed heavily.

"Do you need a paramedic?" I asked, with a smile.

"No. Just a pair of knees. Finished?" He asked Kate.

"Still proofing. But I'm sending it to Diane today. Look at this. New clean cover, no peanut butter stains." She said as she picked up her book, showing Tom that it was clean.

"Yet." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Hey baby." Tom said to Kate.

"Baby?"

"Do you know on the run, do you know what I was thinking?" Tom asked, as he stood up and sat on the armchair of Kate's chair.

"Well... We've been married, what? Five years?" Tom asked as Kate looked at him with a smile.

"23."

"23. Sorry. And I think we should use a little change around here. Like, like this... lumpy old mattress." Tom said as he was walked over to where the other Bakers were hiding under.

"You know. We should get rid of it." Tom said as he sat on the bed while the children giggled as I just rolled my eyes.

"Don't be ridiculous honey. You know you could just pound them lump side of the mattress." Kate said as I start to giggle already knowing what she's talking about.

"What? What do you mean? You could pound the limo side of the mattress?" Tom said as she starts to smile.

"Yeah, Just randomly start swatting away and then you pound... yes." Kate said as Tom started to do just that as the kids start to get out of the blanket, piling on top of Tom while I just started to laugh at the situation.

TIME SKIP

Soon enough, everybody started to run around the house and started to yell.

I was with Sarah and Mark, trying to stop Sarah from banging on the door but Tom came up and grabbed Sarah away from the door.

"Only you could put on so much lipstick!" Sarah yelled as Tom started to calm her down.

"Wrap it up, Lorraine!" Tom yelled to Lorraine as she was in the bathroom, putting on lipstick.

"Have you seen my frog, dad?" Mark asked Tom as Tom tried to guess his name right.

"It's Mark." 

"I knew that." Tom said as he knocked on Charlie's door and went inside.

"I'll help you look for your frog, Mark." I said with a smile as I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks, Y/n." Mark said with a smile.

Few minutes later, Jake wanted my help but he didn't tell me why so he told me to follow him.

"Dude. Two words. Need new skates." He told Kate as we walked pass her.

"Dude. Three words. Paper route." Kate said with a giggle.

"That's why you wanted my help? To help you get new skates?" I asked, confused.

"No. I just wanted you to come with me." He said, shrugging his shoulders as I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Remind me to never help you again." I jokingly said as we both walked off.

TIME SKIP