Chapter 5 - Thirsty

Back at the main campsite set in Coral Shores, Leven walked to the outskirts of it as she stretched, tears wiped away and tentacles already grown back. It didn't matter how many times she cut through those blasted Inkling tentacles, they always ended up growing back. She could mope a bit more about it, but currently, she had something more important to deal with. She always remembered the outskirts of this campsite as somewhat peaceful, but not today.
"It has come to my attention that you have been rather...hostile, as of late.", Leven said as she looked at the large mob in front of her, composed of angry Inklings and Octolings, all citizens of Coral Shores.

The mob then began arguing, with many voices getting mixed together in an audible amalgamation.
"Get out of town, you filthy witch!", an old Inkling woman yelled at her.
"Give me back my daughter!", an Inkling man demanded.
"Give us back our home, you shucking hybrid!", an Octoling Man screamed out. That last comment slightly annoyed Leven, but other than that, she did not seem to be bothered by the mob.
"I can understand why you're all upset. If there was an alternative, I would've taken it long ago...", Leven tried to reason with them. "Come passively, and you can help us speed up the process. The sooner we're done, the sooner we'll leave.", Leven continued.

"You heartless fish!", the mob continued protesting. "Even with your empty promises, even if it takes everyone's lives here, we will drive you out of Coral Shores!", the head of the mob, the same Inkling man that asked for his daughter, proclaimed as he held a pitchfork, ready to fight. Leven only looked slightly annoyed.
"Empty promi- Did you hear a word I said?!", Leven exclaimed, only for the mob to run at her ready to fight while Leven only sighed. "So much for a peaceful agreement...", Leven mumbled to herself.
"We ARE invading their home.", a female Octoling soldier pointed out to Leven as she looked back at her, then back at the mob trying to fight through the campsite.
"Then let's see how hard they'll fight for it..", Leven wondered as she super jumped towards the mob without fear.

As soon as the mob noticed where she landed, everyone began to rush towards her. Before they could get near her, though, she pulled out her ink pistol and fired at a few protesters. She could not splat them immediately, but she did manage to kill two of them, which seemed to anger the mob even more. Realizing that the pistol would not be too useful, she prepared herself, having her blade protrude from the back of her right forearm. Once they were close enough, Leven's leg enhancement activated and she dashed straight through the mob, swinging her blade through them. After she made it to the other side, she stopped dashing and a large number of Inklings in the mob popped into ink.

The protesters looked down at the ink stains on the floor, then back at Leven, having visible fear in their faces. Leven only replied by raising her arm towards them, pointing at them with her blade in a challenging manner. Many of them felt enraged, and abruptly, the remaining protesters tried to attack Leven. She only stood in place, waiting for them to come to her. Once they got closer, Leven blocked a pitchfork from an Octoling ready to strike, and immediately slashed her blade across the Octoling's neck, releasing a splat of ink, then reacting quickly to a punch from another Inkling. The Inkling tried again to attack Leven, this time with a kick, only for her to grab the Inkling's kicking leg, then lift the Inkling over her and slamming him to the ground behind her with immense force.

As soon as she finished off the Inkling, Leven heard the whirling noise of Splatlings. Once she turned around, the three inklings in that direction had already begun firing. However, the enhancement on her leg raised a holographic shield in front of her, protecting her from enemy fire.
"Die!", one of the Inklings said as she continued firing. Leven merely glared at them with frustration before retaliating by producing a splat bomb in her hands and rolling it towards them. It only stood behind the Inklings until Leven put her shield down, which it then detonated immediately. She eliminated two of the three Inklings, so she took this chance to shoot a hook, linked with a chain, towards the remaining Inkling. The hook perforated through the torso, and Leven wasted no time to retract the chain, launching herself towards the Inkling. Once she was close enough, Leven landed on the Inkling's shoulders, stabbed her blade into her head from the top, then hopped off the Inkling before she could pop in a puddle of ink.