Chapter 3: The Thrilling Rescue

Determined to find his way, Johnny followed a river he stumbled upon, hoping it would lead him to safety. Hours passed, and he was exhausted but hopeful. Eventually, he saw a clearing and a building – it was a police station! Johnny ran inside and found a police officer, breathlessly explaining, "I'm lost! I was camping in the Amazon with my brothers, and I got lost while looking for firewood."

The officer, seeing Johnny's distress, immediately organized a search party. Johnny provided details about his brothers, saying, "Tommy is 26 and Cody is 19. We were camping together." The search party set off into the jungle, determined to find Tommy and Cody.

Back in the forest, Tommy and Cody were frantically searching for Johnny, their hearts heavy with worry. Just when hope seemed to be fading, they heard voices calling out. The police had found them! With immense relief, they were reunited with Johnny, who couldn't contain his tears of joy.

The police escorted them back to their campsite, ensuring they were all safe. When they returned home, Mrs. James and Mr. James were overwhelmed with gratitude. They thanked the police officers and invited them to stay for dinner, but the officers had to return to their duties. Mrs. James, ever the gracious host, packed some delicious food for them to take back.

Johnny's adventurous spirit remained unbroken, but he learned valuable lessons about safety and the importance of staying close to his family. The trip to the Amazon became a cherished memory, filled with excitement, danger, and the triumph of family bonds.