Chapter 4 - Killer

I wait in the hallway for my Cupcake to be done talking to Treasure so I can take her to her room. The same room Lia and Blake used to stay at. Coincidentally, my room is right across from it. Just in case Cupcake needs something.

After two hours of waiting, I decide that I'm not going to stand here any longer, so I go to the common room, only to be greeted by guys' knowing smirks and teasing looks.

"What?" I bark at them, annoyed at the weird glances I get.

Tank only grins knowingly, wiggling his brows at me as he invites me to the booth he's sitting in. "Oh don't get your panties in a twist, Killer. It's nice to see you finally found someone. – He smirks, trying to hide his laughter – Now, what happened? You go for a ride, like always, then suddenly come back with a bloodied woman."

I smile when I think of the way I met my cupcake. "She ran me over with her car." I chuckle, getting shocked looks from the guys around me before they burst out laughing.

"Oh shit, this is good! Ha! She ran you over!" Tank laughs, going as far as slapping the table.

"Shut it. – I warn with a snarl – She'll hear you!"

"Don't you worry, I'm sure she's busy talking to Treasure. I could tell she's not exactly comfortable with being here, so I asked my girl to spend as much time with her as possible. Maybe having another woman to talk to will help her."

"Thanks, brother." I sigh, nodding at the prospect to give me a beer. I'm itching to go back to my girl, but I know she needs to have a peaceful moment after what happened earlier.

Wait, my girl?

I know I called her my cupcake earlier, but am I seriously thinking of making her my girl?

Yes, I am.

I want her.

I want her to be mine.

And I'll do everything to get her.

"Treasure, done already?" I'm pulled from my thoughts by Tank's voice. I turn my head around, meeting Treasure's happy face. She's grinning from ear to ear, almost skipping as she heads towards us.

"Killy, Kathie's waiting for you!" She exclaims, her eyes twinkling with mischief. I only frown at her, but get out of the booth nonetheless. I don't miss Treasure's laughter as I go to the infirmary, where my Cupcake is supposedly waiting for me.

I knock on the door to warn her I'm coming then walk inside, only to stop like an idiot when I catch the sight in front of me. Katherine is standing by her bed with her back to me, wearing nothing but her underwear as she pulls one of Lia's shirts over her head. I catch a few bruises on her back and legs, but I don't say anything.

She spins around with an adorable squeak, trying to cover herself with her hands. "Oh God! I didn't hear you come in!" She scrambles to hide herself from me, accidentally hitting the table by the bed, making me wince. Poor Cupcake.

"I knocked. – I chuckle, slightly amused to see her so flustered – Why don't you put on some pants so I can take you to your room." I turn around to give her some privacy. I'm not some perv to ogle a girl dressing up. If she doesn't want me to, that is.

"I'm sorry. I didn't hear you. I was... lost in thought. – she says quietly before a quiet 'thump' resounds through the room – Ow!" I spin around, only to find my girl on the floor, clutching onto her braced leg with a frown. I don't waste a second, going to her and picking her off the ground, setting her on the bed. I crouch in front of her, gently taking her injured leg in my hands, looking at it worriedly.