Chapter 20

It's been another month since I got the job and quit school. I'm doing better with Delilah and I picked up a few more hours at work to make sure I can keep paying for the house and food.

It's Christmas and we've all decided to have it at Shawn's house with him and Emma.

My grandparents can't make the trip out so it's only the four of us.

"Will. Come on. We gotta get dinner started." Emma smiles and we get Delilah in her seat before leaving. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've just never spent a holiday other than Thanksgiving without my parents. Even then we called." I tell her truthfully.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I know it's gotta be hard." She says sympathetically as I drive.

"It sucks but. I think it'll still be a good year." I nod. "Delilah's first Christmas and I get to spend it with her, you and Shawn."

"Yeah." Emma agrees as I pull into her driveway. We take Delilah and go inside where Shawn is in the kitchen cooking. Or trying to.

The three of us start cooking and taking care of Delilah. It's just a simple turkey, potatoes and corn with stuffing but since it's just us we don't need the feast my family normally has.

As we're finishing up setting the table someone knocks on the door.

"I'll get it." Shawn says as he goes over and opens it.

"I heard my family is having Christmas dinner without me. Just had to come crash it." Jameys voice rings through the house.

"Jamey." I smile as we all give her hugs.

"I come bearing gifts. It's Christmas after all." She smiles as she sets two bags on the floor next to the tree with the other smaller boxes.

"Thank you." Shawn smiles. "We were about to eat."

"Oh well I've made it just in time."

We all eat before sitting near the tree to open the presents.

Delilah gets some new toys and clothes while the rest of us get simple things like bracelets or stuffed animals and such.

We actually have a good day. I can tell we're all a bit sad that my parents and the rest of the family isn't here but in total it's a good Christmas.

The next few days go by quickly and I go back to work. We decide not to celebrate my birthday when it comes around but Emma still gives me a present every year.

We are now celebrating Delilah's twelfth birthday at the beach with Jamey, Shawn, Emma, and her best friend, Emily. Jake couldn't make it because he has work stuff but he sent a gift card in replacement.

I'm going to turn thirty one in a month and my music has actually managed to start kicking off. I'm gonna start earning money off it soon but now I work with Shawn and Emma at the garage instead of a fast food place. Emma and I are together and we both love everyone in our family.

"Okay, open your presents." Emma smiles at Delilah who looks so happy. She wanted us to give her a mohawk so we did and with her light brown hair she really pulls it off. She's almost my height and she's so sweet.

"Okay." She smiles as Emily hands her a wrapped box.

Emily is a sweet girl and I know she'll be right by Delilah no matter what. She's a bit shorter than Delilah but her blond hair is definitely longer in comparison. Reaching past her shoulders.

"I love them." Delilah smiles as she holds up the Lena Luthor and Supergirl POP figures Emily got her. "Thank you." She wraps her arms around her best friend.