Long Day

After a long day of classes and an extremely long lecture from Alaric about control and unwarranted violence, for all the twins, Hope and the wolf girl, the day was finally over. Hope had never been as happy for the weekend.

While packing up her books and supplies after the final lesson of the day, Rafael walked up and asked if they could talk alone.

The tribrid looked up just as Josie was walking over to her. The taller girl slipped her hand into her girlfriend's as she pressed up behind her on the right side. She squeezed her hand and told her without speaking that it was up to her and that she would go wait if she wanted to speak with him alone.

"Anything that you have to say to me you can say in front of Josie. I'm just going to tell her afterwards anyway."

Raf looked at both girls and nodded. "I wanted to talk about what happened this morning. I know that Nikki shouldn't have said what she did, and I understand that, but you had no right to step in like that. This is my pack! You should have taken it up with me, I would have stood up for you both and shut her down. You saved me and I am grateful for that. But now my pack thinks that I'm weak and can't handle my own people."

"What's your point? If you can't control your pack, then you need to step up. No one messes with me and mine. They may not be wolves, but the Super Squad is my pack. I meant what I said. I don't want your pack, I have my own as I said, but if she comes at us again, I will come for her. If you try to step in and stop me, I will take the alpha mantel from you, and you know that I can. I will put her down like the dog that she is."

The more Hope talked the angrier that she got. Her eyes were starting to glow a golden color. Josie, for her part to try to calm her down, started to rub her girlfriend's arm.

"She had no right to say the things that she did! Hope risked her life to save almost all those wolves and a lot of the other super naturals here. And Hope may have to work with in the pack laws, but I am a witch, and I don't take kindly to those who attack me and mine either."

Raf stood there, barely holding it together. Hope could feel his anger building, just like her own.

"Look Raf, I don't want to be alpha. I don't like crowds or people. You keep the wolves away from my pack and my Super Squad will stay away from yours. Just remember that you're the one that said I saved your life. I also brought in Nikki. If I'm so unnatural and such a freak, maybe everyone should want to be a freak like me."

The alpha felt himself start to calm a little. "I would never have called you a freak Hope. I don't want a war. I want peace and truce. You aren't of my pack, but I would like it if we could be friends."

The girls looked at each other and smile. The shorter girl nodded to the taller. She wanted to let her know that it was her decision.

"We don't want war either. We just want to live our lives and be left in peace. We would like to be your friend. Why don't you come and sit with us on Monday for breakfast? We can start from there."

The wolf leader nodded. "I'd like that. I'll see you girls later."

Smiling, the tribrid leaned over to kiss her girlfriend on her cheek. "Well, now I think that you, my beautiful girl, have earned yourself a date and a weekend full of cuddles, as promised."

Josie smiled at the thought and couldn't wait.

T.B.C.