...WHERE...

The morning light shined through the vinyl blind into a big room, flickering the reflection onto the marble floor.

"Sir, I've asked the sales team. They said the shipping from England would be arriving soon."

Jiang Cheng read the folder he was holding before placing it on the table for Qiren. The older man opened the document and nodded his head in agreement after reading the content.

"Finally, we got what we wanted," he signed the paper and handed it back to his secretary, "looks like the late-night meeting a week ago was worthwhile."

"Indeed, sir."

Jiang Cheng received the folder and walked toward the door to proceed with the final process by bringing the signed document to where it should be. Just as his hand touched the doorknob, a question from his boss prevented him from doing so.

"Did you find him?"

He turned away from the door and looked back to Qiren, "You mean, Wei Ying, sir?"

The older man nodded his head.

"Not yet, Sir. I'm sorry," he bowed his head, apologetically, "He moved again, but I'll speed up the search."

Qiren sighed and leaned his back on the office chair before turning the wheeling chair around to face the window, and looking out through the gap of the blind, staring at nothing in particular.

"It isn't your fault. Don't be sorry. He plans this. He keeps moving out every time we find him."

A sad expression spread over his face, making him look older than he already was.

"His anger has never appeased. He still hates me, even after all these years," Qiren finished his sentence with another sigh, hoping the exhalation would bring out the pain through the air he excreted somehow. Nevertheless, that was not the case.

"Sir," Jiang Cheng was about to walk towards the older man to provide a means of solace when Qiren dismissed him.

"I'd like to be alone, please, Jiang Cheng."

Though hesitant, Jiang Cheng obeyed his boss's order and left. The sound of the door closing confirmed that Qiren was finally left alone. As such, he closed his eyes and let the ghost of his past come back to haunt him once again, as he drowned in a specific scene of what had happened thirty years ago.

*******

One rainy evening, after dinner, Qiren was going through the sales receipts for the day, while his wife was washing the dishes next to him.

"Meilin, if we can keep up these figures of revenue, the bank won't be able to deny our business plan. In no time, they will give us the loan, and we'll be able to expand our supermarket."

Meilin turned her head to speak with her husband with a smile, "that's good to know. But don't be too hard on yourself. I'm afraid you'll get sick since you have so little time to rest now."

Qiren returned his wife's smile with his own when their eyes met, "Don't worry, sweetheart. I know my body very well. Besides, I don't have time even to get sick until I can give our Wei Ying the biggest supermarket in town."

"Really, daddy? The biggest?" Wei Ying poked his head into the kitchen, appearing out of nowhere, "even bigger than the supermarket we've been to before?" he ran inside excitedly into the open arm of his father.

"Of course. Bigger than that. The big-big-big-est in town!" the man replied in a sing-song while lifting the adorable boy onto his lap, "We may not be the millionaire, but we will be the richest family in this small town."