001

Dahyun watched every time his chest rose, and she listened to every calm breath he made. She stared at the man sleeping beside her soundly and her fingers lightly traced the features of his face. The male scrunched up his nose when Dahyun's finger grazed on it, and she giggled as he snuggled up closer to her.

"You're up so early, Da," he whispered as he fluttered one of his eyes open and peeked at the girl who was staring at him.

"Good morning, Tae," Dahyun replied and beamed at him but the boy closed his eyes once more.

She giggled as she added, "We have to get up for work."

"Five minutes," he mumbled and Dahyun watched as his adam's apple rose and drop as he gulped, and his lips fell slightly gaped as he fell into sleep once more.

She pressed her face onto his chest and inhaled his scent, as if trying to memorize every piece of him. She closed her eyes as she tried to sleep again because she too did not want this simple yet precious moment to end where the man she loves deeply lay perfectly beside her.

The man whom she loved all her life, but she can never claim as hers.

Both of them jerked as the barking of the dog woke them up. Taehyung groaned as he sat up and rubbed his eyes, before he yawned and tears formed on the corner of his eyes as he drowsily said,

"Good morning Ari."

Dahyun smiled as she lifted her head up and saw the puppy wagging its tail at them. It has always been near seven in the morning when their pet would bark continuously until either of them wakes up. They found it convenient because Ari had become an unexpected alarm clock.

She finally sat up and kissed his shoulder blade before letting her head rest on his arm. Taehyung took a peek at her from his shoulder and both of them smiled sweetly at each other.

"Do you want to shower together?" Taehyung grinned naughtily, "It'll save time."

Dahyun let out a scoff as she answered, "How about you cook while I take a shower? That'll save time too."

Even before Taehyung could answer, Dahyun stood up and headed for the bathroom, shutting the door close before her. Taehyung nodded as he said to himself, "Of course. That's also an option."

He groaned as he plopped himself back to the bed and shouted, "I still like my suggestion best!"

"Shut up and start cooking!" Dahyun yelled from the bathroom and Taehyung heard the faint rustling of water and he felt Ari biting his toe.

He once again sat up as he spoke to the puppy, "Are you hungry?"

Ari barked and wagged its tail more.

Taehyung grinned as he said, "I bet your owner is too, so let's go prepare food."

Dahyun was fully dressed up as she grabbed the smaller towel to dry her hair when her eyes caught glimpse of a ring lying inside the cabinet in her bathroom. She grabbed it and just like every time, she had the urge to throw it away but she always told herself that she was mature enough to know that throwing away the ring wouldn't change the fact that Taehyung was already married.

-----------

AN: Jennie and Jungkook would appear sooner or later haha but for context, Jennie and Dahyun would be in the same age in the story, both two years younger than Taehyung. Hehe. I hope you would support this vhyunkook agenda haha