Chapter. 2. Paranoia.

Olivia's POV.

I entered the squad early and I was the first one there besides Cragen.  It was quiet, much too quiet and I hated it.  I felt like I was being watched, which I probably was. I knew I had to focus, there was a bunch of rape cases sitting on my desk and a bunch of rape victims calling and texting me asking me about their case and how it's going.  I decided to look over some MO's of coldcases to compare to our perp. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing loudly.  "Hey Olivia, long time no see huh?" a voice asked and I knew it was him, I knew it was Richard, Richard White.

"What do you want?" I asked angrily and he just laughed,  like I was an idiot. 

"I just want you"

"Richard just stop OK. I have nothing to offer"

"Yeah you do"

"And what would that be?"

"Sex" he said hanging up the phone, I was worried.  Would he rape me? I felt a hand on my shoulder and I screamed...

Nick's POV.

I entered the squad room to see Liv sitting there and it looked like she'd pulled three allnighters.  I knew she was stressed about something,  I walked over and gently tapped her shoulder,  not expecting her to scream, but she did. She sounded terrified but yet angry at the same time.  "Olivia it's Nick take it easy"

I said looking at her directly. 

"I - I'm sorry Nick" she said backing up. 

"It's OK. . With a job like this, you've gotta be jumpy" I said and she smiled hugging me.

"Thanks Nick" she whispered and I smiled. Just then Elliot walked in and we pulled apart.

"Liv you OK?" he asked and she ran into his arms.

"I just needed to see you" she said and I sighed, she was happy and I was in the way. 

At Lunch - Olivia's POV. 

I sat with Nick and I knew something was wrong.  "Nick what's up?" I asked wanting to forget my own problems. 

"I.." he trailed and then I knew it was a woman but who... Amanda possibly?

"Who is she?" I asked and I saw his confusion. 

"How did you-" he began before he stopped himself. 

"So who is she? Amanda?"

"No"

"OK don't tell me who she is just tell me about her" I said taking a sip from my coffee. 

"She's beautiful and intelligent... but it's ridiculous for me to even take an interest and she's taken" he sighed.

"Oh well did you talk to her?" I asked and he sighed again. 

"She's not an easy person to talk to"

"Well you've put up with me and I know that sure as hell ain't easy"

"I know but this is different Liv I could talk to you about the things you wouldn't tell me.  I'm not good at that sorta thing"

"Welcome to the day in the life of Olivia Benson no refunds"

"I didn't know you felt that way about telling me things" he said sounding shocked which didn't surprise me.

"It's hard for anyone to talk about their feelings Nick no matter who they are or what they tell you.  If you think she's worth it then you go for it tell her right now. Just dial her number tell her to meet you.... wherever and you tell her" I said really overdoing the heart to heart moment.

"Oh you mean like how you told Elliot how you felt after you know a short 15 years"

"Actually 15 years 1 month 4 days 2 hours 7 minutes and 23 seconds.. wait 24 25 26"

"OK OK I get it" he laughed and I'm glad he did because he doesn't laugh often. 

Sorry it's all over the place but hope you enjoyed :)