3

Farzaan had talked to his parents about the Rukhsati. Faizan sahib was skeptical as Ruhi was still studying and everyone had to tell her about the Nikah as well. Faizan was worried but his wife consoled him by saying that leave it on time maybe it’s the best decision. Faizaan sahib was somewhat calm but he knew Ruhi wouldn’t take this decision so easily. He slept thinking about talking to his parents tomorrow.

*****************
Next day Ruhi was called in her grandparents’ room. Ali and Safina were sitting on the bed while her parents as well as Farzaan’s parents were sitting near them on the couch. Farzaan was in the hospital and Hamza was nowhere to be seen.

“Come sit here beta.” Safina asked her to sit. She sat on the bed between her grandparents. Ali kissed her forehead as she laid her head on his shoulder.

“We want to tell you something beta.” Her father said. Ruhi knew by the intensity in the air that something big was coming her way. She nodded.

Ruhi beta when you were 3 years old, your dada fell seriously ill. He didn’t know whether he would live or not and fearing death he wanted for you and Farzaan to at least get the Nikah done. We don’t believe in such young marriages but it was necessary at that time. Your nikah was done and believe me I think it was the best decision. Farzaan is such a good kid. He respects us like his parents and we have heard no complains about him. He cares a lot about you as well. We have seen his protective side towards you. After us, he the one who protects you the most. He has asked about rukhsati and we think it is the right time. Please tell us your decision. Whatever you say will be accepted.”

It was as if a bomb has fallen on Ruhi. Everything Farzaan was saying was true after all. She was dumbfounded. She didn’t know what to say. Everyone sensed her silence and feared what came after her silence. Safina gently kept her hand on her shoulder and brought her out of the trance.

“Say something dear.” She said.

“I…...what…. I can’t say anything.” Ruhi said.

“Tell us your decision Ruhi.” Her mother said.

Ruhi looked up and saw Farzaan’s shadow from the half-closed door. Everyone was waiting for Ruhi’s reply so no one noticed him. Seeing Farzaan brought back all the memories when he would scold her or not let her do things. She always thought he was rude. All the memories of the last days flashed in her eyes and her eyes turned hard.

“My answer is no. I don’t love him and don’t want to spend my life with him. I hate him. He has done nothing for me but always stopped me from doing my favorite things. He would always place obstacles in my way. Dada’s decision was just a need of time so it will be better if we end this now. I would rather die than marry him.”

Everyone stunned and she peeked from her lashes to see Farzaan’s retreating form. She wanted to feel satisfied but her heart was not calm. She looked towards her grandparents and saw hurt evident in their eyes.

Ali sahib smiled and said,
“Ok beta as you say. Go to your room. I will talk to you later.”

Ruhi nodded and went away. As she walked towards her room, she peeked into Farzaan’s room and saw him standing in the balcony. His back was towards her. She didn’t know what came over her but she went towards him.

“I told you this will end soon. Finally, I will be free of this relationship.”

Ruhi said to get some reaction out of Farzaan but his face was blank as he turned towards her and moved past her and sat on the bed. Ruhi was disappointed but smiled and walked towards the door.

“You have given your decision but you will regret it later and maybe I will not be here to see you grieve.” Farzaan said in a dead tone.

Ruhi felt shivers run down her spine. She rushed out quickly out of the door.

Farzaan fell on the bed and thought about all the moments he spent with Ruhi. He loved her since the day she was born. He would cherish the little doll and tried everything to please her. When she grew up, he would only stop her from harmful things. He always respected her decision. He didn’t know she was so irritated from his presence. She was his Ishq and today she hurt him so bad his heart bled. He wanted to get away from everything. He took a decision right there. It was hard but he couldn’t let himself get hurt anymore.

*********************
The next few days everyone at the house were tensed. Although they tried to act normal but Ruhi knew they were hurt and that by her. She was irritated on seeing the situation.

It was just another morning when everyone was having breakfast. Farzaan was not present as he was getting ready in his room. Silence fell over the dining table. As Farzaan came he sat and ordered their house keeper to keep the suitcases outside. Everyone was puzzled.

“Is someone going somewhere?” Ali asked.

Farzaan smiled and said, “I was planning to tell you this from last week but I am shifting to Islamabad. A new hospital is being established by my friend and staff is needed so I signed up for it."

“But beta you were doing fine here why so suddenly you are going and leaving us?” His mother Safina said worriedly.

Farzaan picked her hand in his and kissed her hand’s back.

Ammi I will come to meet you on weekends. Its just I want to go from here for some fresh air and my friends is insisting me badly. Don’t worry I’ll take care of myself.”

Farzaan smiled as he stood up. He hugged his father and Taya. His tayi also cried and he smilingly consoled her. Ali was silent as he knew what was cooking in his grandson’s mind. He talked to him a few days ago and told him about Ruhi’s decision. Farzaan just nodded at that time which was surprising for Ali as he knew about his love for Ruhi. He watched as everyone bid Farzaan farewell. At last Farzaan came to him. Ali hugged him and said,
“I know why you took his decision but please return before its’ too late. I can’t lose both of my grandchildren after this love. I hop Ruhi’s understands your feelings. I love you, beta and will always support no matter what the circumstances are.”

Farzaan just nodded and went towards his car. All the family was standing in the porch. Ruhi was feeling sad for some reason and didn’t even glance at him. When he was leaving, she looked up and saw him staring at her. At that moment she knew she was a goner as her heart had finally surrendered in front of his love. She wanted to scream and stop him but couldn’t. Maybe it was the guilt she felt. She saw his car disappearing as a lone tear escaped from her eyes.

********************

Hello guys! Another update. Please vote and comment and motivate me to write more as I am really feeling down. Stay safe everyone ❤️