Epilogue

An angry Ruhi was quite a sight to see. Clad in a red saree with hair in a bun resting on the nape of her neck, she huffed angrily and watched outside ignoring Farzaan who was quietly driving the car. They were returning from an event in Islamabad where all the senior doctors were invited from all over the country.

"Let it be Ruhi. She was just complimenting me nothing else. You are making a big fuss out of it." Farzaan said seriously.

"Fine Farzaan. I am making a big fuss. Now I will also allow every other man to compliment me if they want. You don't get to say anything then." Ruhi spat.

"You are complicating it so much. I didn't mean it that way. It's just Dr. Sunaina is my colleague and its normal in professional life for someone to say such words." Farzaan's gripped tightened on the steering wheel as he thought of other men seeing his Ruhi but composed himself as he softly explained himself.

"Oh, I see. Then you shouldn't have had a problem when Mohsin was talking to me at college." Ruhi said sarcastically.

On hearing Mohsin's name, Farzaan anger flared up. After their marriage Farzaan was not in favour of her working at college but due to the contract she had to work for two more months and on Ruhi's insistence he allowed it. He had seen how Ruhi's colleague Mohsin would call her occasionally asking about her well being and Ruhi being the naïve one didn't take the hint about how Mohsin was trying to gain her attention. Farzaan at first ignored him but when he went to pick her up, he saw Mohsin giving lovey dovey looks to Ruhi as Ruhi was discussing a file with Mohsin. He straight went ahead and put his hand on her waist and kissed her head as he said his salaam. Ruhi was stunned as she knew Farzaan was not a fan of PDA.

"Wa alaikum assalam." Ruhi said as she blushed and created space between them but Farzaan stopped her as she pushed her closer to himself.

Mohsin looked confused as he was not aware of Ruhi's marriage. Ruhi had not told many people about her marriage especially at work.

"Won't you introduce us, wifey?" Farzaan said.

"Meet Farzaan, he is my husband and meet Mohsin, my colleague." Both men came forward and shook hand with each other. Mohsin looked disappointed while Farzaan looked as if he had won a lottery. He then guided Ruhi to the car and later on gave a long teasing session on how she had not understood Mohsin's intention.

Remembering the Mohsin incident just brought back Farzaan's jealousy. He parked the car on the side of the road. Ruhi glanced at him.