Chapter 9

Ivy

Its been a week now that I've moved into Damon's place and so far it's been great.

Having being introduced to the occupants of the house - a total of 8 staff- which include Bertha the house keeper, two maids, four bulky men who served as bodyguards and security detail and Mark the driver. I came to later know they all live in the servants quarter which is very huge it's like 5 times my entire apartment and laid adjacent to the main house.

The mansion itself consists of 5 bedrooms, large living room, dining room and kitchen, then a gym room. A large garden was outside as well a pool, store room and a garage. Cameras were installed outside so as to forestall any burglary attempt - which to me is a suicide mission. A total of 5 cars were parked in the garage. Opulence at its best.

Still, I was beginning to get antsy. I missed going to work, meeting my friends hell I couldn't even step out of the house. At first it was sweet he worried about me but now I'm just plain bored.

And worst of all, he wouldn't even touch me!

After our little fiasco in the car, he didn't bring it up again. More to the point, he's avoiding me. He would come in when I'm asleep at night and leave for work in the morning before I woke up. It's starting to get annoying. There was nothing to do and I'm sick of it.

Today's the day.

I woke up early ( he left before me still) had breakfast and went through my phone for a while - he got me one way back - and by 11, I dressed up and went outside. Luckily his driver and 3 of his bodyguards left with him leaving me with Franco, a bulky Mexican dude who initially was supposed to be scary was actually as soft as a teddy bear.

He rushed out to meet me and I feigned a headache. " What is it ma'am" Another bone of contention, no matter how much I told them to call me Ivy, they just don't. Fuck you Damon!

" Oh I have a headache, could you get me a Tylenol and water. I'll be in the garden enjoying the cool breeze" I didn't wait for his response as I stroll to the garden. He clearly falling for my tricks, went indoors. Seeing he's gone, I take off to the gate, opened it and having called Jerry earlier to pick me up, got in and off I went.

Yes! Freedom baby

I laughed all the way to my cafe, he's gonna be mad yes but I don't care. Besides I've missed baking.

On getting there, Sarah shook her head at me " You know it's starting to become a habit, not coming to work regularly. The cafe won't run itself you know "

" And that's why I'm so lucky to have you and the others" I sweetly say earning a sigh from the older woman. " So what's good_" And we set out to work

Business was good as usual, demands were coming in left and right as customers poured in - one of the perks of being situated in the sub urban amidst companies, industries, high classed firms amongst others - we sell at a high price of course and it's even better as customers tend to tip a lot. By 2pm, I was sweaty and bone tired but it was worth it. Never could I enjoy doing anything else asides what I'm doing now.

" Today may be our best sales so far boss, thanks to you" Jerry says grinning. I frowned

"How so"

" You don't realise it but most people come here because of the way you make them feel" Now I was even more perplexed

"Yeah, there's this aura around you that makes them so comfortable, makes them feel at home. And then you're super fast in literally everything, not missing a beat and never getting an order wrong. It's like you were born for this. You don't even mind the pressure" He says wiping his brows.