Memories

After a few seconds of clary hanging up, her sobs heard and unfiltered. Jace took a deep breath and put his phone aside. Thinking how she suddenly remembers everything, not just him. She remembered details about her own life too. Things she usually thought about and kept to herself. Her connection with Jonathan and the darkness she felt around that time. It all came flooding back to her, hammering against her head. She felt trapped, all these memories coming back reminding her of everything whether she liked it or not.

Part of her wanted to know about herself and how suddenly she found herself wandering with a short dress, her make up running down her face and wet with tears she had no idea she cried. The shaky feeling she had from crying with no idea why, or how. It's like she woke up from a deep sleep, finding herself on a chilly night in New York. Crying. The only thing she knew about herself was her first name. And the fact that she likes to draw and always wanted to go to school. She'd ended up in a small coffee shop that was near the place she realised she was crying for no reason at all. It's when it hit her, she had no one, no one at all. Which wasn't true at all, she walked out on them just few minutes ago.

She'd reached a place she could rent but she had no money, she had to work. Get an income to afford her school and a place to live.. 3 months prior she sorted her life out. The money she got were worth enough to pay the person who owned the place and pay her school needs.

Now that she remembers her real life, she had powers, a family. A loving boyfriend who's willing to die for her and he still would. She hated how bad she felt, putting the blame on her. Using her last ability to kill her own brother. She didn't even say a proper goodbye to him, she really loved him. But what could she do now?

Clary wiped the river of tears that were on her face and stood up. Now that she remembers where she used to live, she grabbed her phone and ordered a cap near there.

A few minutes until she arrived there, walking into the small hallway that lead to the main door. The place was still a mess from the last time she was there. With alec and Simon. She wasn't allowed there anymore from all what happened with Valentine and the demons that were all over the place watching it. But now that Valentine is dead she entered the place peacefully. Still dark, she bit her lip trying to hold back the tears, but she failed. Her legs unable to carry her anymore she sat down on the cold hard floor, putting a hand on her mouth and analysing the semi dark place. Her eyes adjusted to the lighting so she could see a bit better.

She got up once more and walked inside, turning on the flash light on her phone. She found photos all over the table, some of them were shattered. But once clary looked at all of them, they all were shattered. She picked up the pictures. One of her and Simon after High school graduation. She smiled softly, a tear slipping down her cheek once more. She took the photo getting rid of the glass of it and putting it in her pocket. Picking up another photo of her and her mother and Luke. She looked so short beside them both, she let out a small giggle. Putting it in her pocket as well, she needed something from her life, that she had to forgot.

Clary went up to her room, it was burned to the ground. So her mom kept her safe from Valentine and his men. Yet she wished she had kept her safe from Valentine too. She looked at the hole in the ground which was where the J.C box was hidden. And before Jonathan took the things in it. The box was probably still in her room at the institute. She sighed, sitting down on her burned bed. Did anyone even miss her besides jace? She felt the sudden rush of doubt came crashing at her, but she felt as if it wasn't even doubt anymore. It's probably true, no one had liked her ever since she came to their lives. Except for jace.

She didn't know why he still stuck around, she knew jace by heart. Which also is why she knew him even if she had no memory of him. But why did he stay? He knew she doesn't remember him much, just his face and his name. It was enough for him to stay.

The smell of the room was too horrible, she had to get up and get back to her apartment. She did drive and have her own car but she wasn't feeling well to drive like this, such crowded streets with police everywhere. She got another cab and finally went back home.

Jace was too worried about her not calling him back yet, trying to distract himself. But nothing worked. He didn't care, he's the one who's gonna call. Jace went back to his room and dialled her phone number. She answered on the third ring. "Clary, hey.." he said, hoping she won't say anything about her not wanting to talk. But she'd already calmed down. And she'd never refuse to talk to him. Anyone but him. "Hey, jace.. sorry I just needed some time to think. I'm alright." She said and he felt every single bone in his body relax. "Yeah, good. I'm glad." Jace said in a whisper tone.
She wanted him to come over so badly, pick up where they left off. The last thing he told her at their friends wedding. It hurt, it hurt her how she had to leave him like that.

"Jace.. I'm really sorry, for not telling you."
"Telling me what?"
"The punishment, that I had to walk out on you like that, I'm really sorry you didn't deserve it.."
Clary apologised once more, swallowing the urge to cry again. "It wasn't your fault, okay clary? It wasn't."he reassured her. "Don't apologise please." Jace added. "I know I just feel like I have to."
"You don't.. no matter what I'll always be there for you clary, always."

"Hey.. can you still activate your runes without a stele?" She asked. Which made jace smile. "Yeah, I still can.." he said, his lips still formed into a soft smile. "Awesome." She replied with a soft laugh. She had so much to tell him, she didn't know where to start. Not knowing how to put into words. "Can I ask you something?" Clary said, nervously. "Sure." Jace said, laying on his bed. Hoping she would have been by his side. " Are we together? It's okay if we aren't I just- want to know." Clary said, her voice shaken up. "If you want us to be together.. why not." Jace responded with his usual cockiness, which she didn't mind at all.

Her cheeks heated up and she smiled a bit. "Alright alright, don't get cocky."