Chapter 1

The scene unfolds into a radiant yellow light, adorned with flowing swirls of pale yellow and white. Two figures emerge from the light, hand in hand, stealing glances at each other, smiles playing on their lips. As they leave the portal, they step into a clearing, the dark sky above streaked with purplish clouds, the floor carpeted with pink, open-toothed flowers and twisted, ancient trees. The high sheer walls of ice are home to white-bluish spirits wandering around. The man on the left, Ruvaji, leaves Avatar Korra behind, momentarily captivated by the sight. He runs a short distance away as Korra speaks.

Korra: Welcome to the Spirit World.

Ruvaji: [Still looking around, smiling widely.] I can't believe I'm actually here again.

Korra: [Walking to Ruvaji's side and extending a hand, a bluish bird spirit landing gently on it.] The Spirit World is quite a place, isn't it? Always full of surprises. You never know when the ground might just vanish beneath your feet. So, stay close. I don't want us to lose each other.

Ruvaji: [Glancing at Korra and the spirit, smiling.] I wouldn't want that either...

As he pauses, the frame moves behind them, revealing a wide valley dotted with rocks and smoothly flowing groves of trees. A few spirits are seen grazing on the valley floor. A path fenced in by standing stones leads into the woods on the right, while a river, complete with oversized mushrooms and an antlered serpent spirit, runs down the left side. Among the spirits flying in the sky, which becomes increasingly red toward the horizon, is the dragon bird spirit that Korra carried to its mountaintop nest three years prior, flying directly toward them. Korra and Ruvaji are silent for a moment, gazing at the view, before Ruvaji breaks the silence.

Ruvaji: So... where do we start our little adventure?

The next few shots are presented as a montage. Korra and Ruvaji, all smiles, climb onto the back of the dragon bird spirit, which beats its wings as it takes to the air again; the two walk down a grassy path under the shadows of enormous lily pads, watched curiously by several spirits as the dragon bird spirit flies off into the distance; they hop from cap to cap over a forest of oversized mushrooms; they dive deep into the water of a spring, the light filtering around them into shades of pink, purple, and blue; they sit on a blanket, looking up at a waterfall in the fading light, the water twisting like a fluttering ribbon as it makes its way to the pond below.

Some time later, the two find themselves standing before a short, weathered cliff. After looking up at it, they glance at each other.

Ruvaji: You thinking what I'm thinking?

Korra: Race you to the top!

The two set their packs on the ground and begin the competition. Two quick shots zoom on Ruvaji's foot, pushing off a crumbling foothold as he climbs, and Korra's hand, grasping a handhold. Leading the race by a few feet, Ruvaji looks to his right where Korra is a little bit below him.

Ruvaji: Looking a little slow, Avatar!

Korra: I'm just letting you enjoy the lead, Ruvaji!

Korra and Ruvaji, after their friendly competition, continue their journey through the Spirit World. They walk along a path lined with glowing lanterns, their soft light illuminating the way. The air is filled with a serene calm, the occasional spirit flitting past them, adding to the otherworldly atmosphere.

As they round a bend, they come across a familiar sight. Two figures stand in the distance, their backs to Korra and Ruvaji. They are instantly recognizable to Ruvaji.

Ruvaji: (Excitedly) Mom? Dad?

The figures turn around, their faces lighting up as they see Ruvaji. They rush forward, enveloping him in a warm embrace. Korra watches the reunion with a smile, giving them their moment.