The Mind of a Writer

Hi! It's officially been over a year since I started writing here on Wattpad, and WOW, that's been crazy! I've shared so many characters and stories at this point, it's insane. I wanted to thank you all for your endless support of my books.

To celebrate, I decided to write a funny piece about what it's like sometimes in my mind with all of my fanfic OCs, aka CHAOS! I hope you enjoy! This is a really weird piece, by the way. It might be terrible, so read at your own risk!!! I just liked thinking about how my OCs would interact with each other, who would be friends with who, etc. If you like anyone you read about, I encourage you to check out their story!

This will be written in the POV of Kriss Klarkson, one of my original characters from 'Serendipity' and 'Epoch.'

~

Kriss fell through a void of nothingness and landed on the hard ground, although it didn't hurt. She just somehow knew it.

She turned to Eva, who had already stood and brushed herself off, a smile on her face. "I'm sorry, what's going on?"

"Oh, I forgot! You're new. Come on, this way!" Eva grabbed her hand and pulled the Ravenclaw girl towards an unassuming wooden door, pushing it open. Kriss eyed the room full of people with concern.

"Where are we?"

"The author's mind. It's a bit crazy in here, especially late at night. We're always running in and out. You've always got to be ready to go, inspiration strikes at weird times. We're always on call." Eva brightened as a girl with dark hair and a Beatles shirt waved her over. "Good luck! Introduce yourself, they'll love you!"

Meeting new people was definitely not Kriss' strong suit, but she felt dumb just standing in the doorway, so she took a deep breath and scanned the crowded room, trying to decide who looked approachable. Most of them were women, but she did notice a few men. Finally, she settled on a surprisingly short girl with long blonde curls. Kriss didn't really understand the outfit choice (a long blue dress that looked like it belonged in a medieval movie), but the flowers in her hair reminded her of Eva and they looked to be about the same age.

The girl looked up from a small pot of flowers when Kriss approached, a smile on her delicately featured face. "Hello! You're new, aren't you? I haven't seen you here yet."

"Yeah," Kriss said, pulling at the sleeves of her sweater before she extended her hand. "I'm, um, Kriss Klarkson."

The girl stood, her small yet proud stature reminding the Ravenclaw of Lily. "I'm Maeve. Maeve Odindottir of Vanah- I mean Asgard. I guess I'm still getting used to that."

"Odindottir?" Kriss' eyes widened. "That's Norse mythology! And if you were an Odindottir, then you'd be-"

"A princess," Maeve finished, nodding. "Although before I married Loki, I still was a princess. My brothers are over there now, look!"

She pointed at two men. The stronger-looking one was leaned against the wall, conversing with a pretty blonde with makeup that could give Marlene a run for her money. The other sat cross-legged on the floor with the dark-haired girl from earlier, the one Eva had run off to, Eva herself, and another woman.