|Chapter 2|

Chapter 2

 " And you are?" Alexander asks Washingtons smile falls, you could tell that everyone's hearts had broken at his question, " D-Did I say something wrong?" He looks around at everyone, Philip still asleep in his arms. Washington walks out of the room, I follow.

 " Hey, are you okay?" I ask, walking over to him.

 " He doesn't remember us, does he?" He asks I shake my head, he sighs, " I knew he was acting off." He sighs again, " How much does he remember?" 

 " We don't know yet, Angelica is going to set all that up tomorrow, it will take a week or two before we know all the results," I respond, as I say this Martha walks over to us.

 " Where is he!" She says I was about to warn her, but she walks past me into Alexander's room, we follow her into the room as well. She rushes over to him, engulfing him a hug, she kisses his forehead, " Oh, I can't believe you are finally awake, oh my son!" she hugs him again.

 " M-Mom?" Alexander says Martha cries a bit.

 " Yes, I'm here!" she responds, Geroge and I stand there confused. How does he remember her but not us?  I rush out of the room to find Angelica.

 " Angelica!" I yell as she walks down a hallway.

 " John! Is there something wrong?" she asks, concerned.

 " I don't know. Martha just arrived, and Alexander remembered her, he doesn't recognize anyone else." I respond she looks at me her eyes light up.

 " John, this is good news! This means he most likely has more memories than we realized! Go back to his room, I will be there in a little while." With that, she walks off into the other direction. I walk back to Alexander's room to find him crying, hugging Philip tighter than before. Alright, who hurt my husband! 

 " What happened here?!" I ask George to walks over to me, smiling.

 " He just remembered everything about Philip, when you guys adopted him, everything!" He says, I smile and walk over to Alexander hugging him and our son.

~~~

      A Few Minutes before 

 I am sitting there while everyone talks to each other, being careful to not wake the small child in my arms. I look down at him, I can't believe that it has been only 3 years since we had adopted him...

WAIT!

 " Oh My God!" I yell I feel tears stinging my eyes.

 " What is it!" Martha asks concerned, I look at her and smile, tears falling down my cheeks now.

 " I remember!" I say hugging Philip tighter

 " Remember what?" A man in a beanie asks.

 " Philip!" I say, " I remember everything about him!" I hug him more, not caring if I wake him up. The man from before walks in...John? He is shocked to see me crying.