5.) Closer

"-I signed us up all on the festival!"

After a long explanation, Erza, Levy and Juvia were stupefied at the news. They just recently formed their group, and the festival was only a few days away.

"Lu-chan! The festival is only five days away! Plus, performing at the festival's center stage would expose both you and Erza." Levy shreiked, cupping her own face with her palms. The thought of performing in front of a huge audience unnerved her. She was much more familiar with sticking her nose in a book where no one would notice her. She was always away from the spotlight, and hoped that it would stay that way.

"Five days should be enough to get a few preparations in order! And you don't have to worry about Erza and I. Meeting the both of you has made us realize something- and it is that, we're tired of hiding!" Lucy responded, small twinkles in her eyes.

Erza nodded, approving Lucy's current spirit. "We can always opt to do cover songs to make things easier for us, and our voices were blending very well from earlier's very spontaneous performance. I say we have a great shot at this. And I hear the prize for the winning group will be huge!" The redhead states, her head very much focused on the prize that comes afterward. If it was money, she'd wondered how many cakes and pastries she could buy.

Finally getting into the spirit of things, Juvia and Levy sighed, smiles gracing their faces as they looked at Lucy's eager face.

"Alright, we're in!" Levy squeaks, and was surprised at not feeling the dread of being put in the spotlight like this. Her heart wasn't beating quickly out of nervousness nor was it beating quickly because she had a bad feeling about it- it was beating quickly because the feeling of actively partcipating in the festival gave her an exhilarating feeling, and she was looking forward to doing this despite the little voice that became her inhibition to try new things. Playing in front of the whole campus seemed like it was something only Levy could achieve in her dreams, and now that she has this opportunity, she wouldn't throw away her shot.

Juvia took out the festival's poster from her bag, pointing on the column that said "Super Stardom".

"Juvia has read the guidelines carefully, and she has also inquired the facilitators of the event. Every band will be given an opportunity to sing within 15 minutes. It'll be something similar to a concert." Juvia handed the paper over to Erza, who examined it thoroughly.

"It also says here that every group will be recieving a number upon registration. So, what number did you get Lucy?" The redhead asks, and Lucy grins mischievously and holds up a ticket pass.

A nine.

"I've gotten the last number. Getting the last number will be a very good thing. We'll be closing the event, and that the festival usually gets into full swing by the time nighttime hits."

Erza's head nods, very satisfied with how they were numbered. "The SS lasts for two hours and fifteen minutes, and it will end at 6:15. During that time, everyone will be coming. If not for us, it'll be for the food."

"And we'll use that to our advantage. We'll draw their attention. The bigger the crowd, the bigger chance we'll win!"

Juvia seems interested, and Levy seems tweaked enough to agree to the idea. Her heart still thumped loudly, and it echoed through her head. The petite bluenette's hand turned clammy, but she was sure she made up her mind the moment she opened her mouth earlier, and that there was no going back when they have begun to discuss the fundamentals and how the event was going to go.

"Juvia, do you prefer the keyboard or the grand piano?" Erza inquired, her thoughts suddenly jumping towards preparations and equipment.

Juvia ponders for a second. She's always felt good playing on the big ol' classic, the feel of the instrument was simply calming, and gave her the peace she was yearning for- a peace she finds when playing music. She smiles and beams, "Juvia is much more comfortable playing the grand piano, if that wouldn't cause any difficulties."