Kına (Chapter One)

The story and character of Kına O'Brien are inspired by the beautiful Tuba Büyüküstün. Each of these lines were written with total freedom left to the author's complete imagination. Without any intention of associating with the personal life of the actress. Any resemblance and or consideration to reality is purely a wink, a reference for her worldwide fans, and as merit to her person. Her profession as model and actress, her artist talent and her labor as Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF Turkey served to create every corner of this story with total innocence what that implies. Therefore this narration is a completely fictional story and isn't the biography of the actress.

Kına

Chapter 1

Turkey, year 2035. Winter. February 7th.

The highway was very slippery. The next-generation truck had a security system that could be trusted, but Kına wasn't sure. She preferred to not accelerate so as not to bite the ice on the shoulder. Istanbul, Turkey was a blanket of white snow that didn't allow seeing more than six meters ahead. The fogged-up windows with the noise of the windshield wipers. The heating was on and the steam was on all the windows. She knew she was late. The Zoom Out magazine event was about to begin. It was only less than an hour before the start. Luckily the GPS marked halfway there.

The red carpet, the photographers, the press, and especially Henry her boyfriend would be waiting for her. Kına was the main guest of the organizing foundation. The only face in Turkey that could make a difference. Everyone knew that there was something behind her charm. Her will to help others had no limits. Many women envied her position. There were no men who didn't want her. Her beauty papered the streets of Istanbul. Advertisements for famous brands, magazines, TV commercials, and charity events. Everyone wanted to have her face. That's why she also had to protect her public figure from the Turkish media. Who many times wrapped up in non-existent scandals. Media stories that ended up in nothing. A way to create attention. But it was still her. Always her. With a noble heart. She was the one who didn't get in trouble for anything. She collaborated with the media. Always smiling and ready to answer any questions. Because she had nothing to hide.

That morning, her driver had reported a family matter: his wife was about to give birth, so she gave him the day off. She couldn't be that cruel. The man had to be present at the most important moment of his life. Her big heart couldn't stop him. Therefore, this time, she decided to be the one who would drive her Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian. She was always a lover of comfortable and robust vehicles. She knew how to drive perfectly but she didn't imagine that on that special day she would have to. Especially on a harsh winter night dressed in a gala dress.

While she kept her eyes on the front panel she tried to regulate the heating. Her eyesight didn't allow her to see what would happen in front of her. A small animal quickly crossed the asphalt. Kına caught up to zigzag as soon as she looked up, but the scare forced her to slow down. She took a deep breath while holding the wheel. She decided to accelerate again and continued on her lane. Luckily with the cold temperatures, there was no one but her on that highway. The icy asphalt was marked by tire tracks. The idea was to keep steering on that trail without the wheels biting the ice. She hadn't had the foresight to put chains on. Something that should have been suggested by the future dad. Although she wasn't altered by the driver, for a moment she devoted herself to criticizing the organizers of the expected event. They had decided to have the super party outside Istanbul renting one of the best mansions in the rural area near Demirköy. A glasshouse surrounded by vast forests. Glass walls and modern design. Excessive lighting and even a heated swimming pool. Everything several kilometers away from the city. So Kına had to travel from her residence in Karaköy, almost three hours from a ride in her SUV. Demirköy is a city surrounded by beautiful forests and very near the Bulgarian border. Meanwhile, at the event, Henry had arrived earlier than expected. He arranged with his girlfriend to arrive from Istanbul International Airport and head to the event site. Fresh from his trip through Germany, his homeland, was waiting anxiously as he was looking at his Rolex.