Chapter 1

Gordy's P.O.V

The family was headed to Colorado for the winter break, to spend time at our family cabin. I looked out the car window at the snowy mountains. I looked at my phone and it was 30 degrees outside. I couldn't wait to finally get out of this car, since it felt like we lived in it by now. That's when I saw the cabin, as we arrived I could finally get out and stretch my legs, I got out and the cold weather hit me and it sent a shiver down my spine.

" Finally, I was getting tired of the car ride!" Kyla exclaimed as she got out and went to go grab her bags. " WOAH!!! I missed this place!" Gus shouted, and Gil laughed, " Hockey All Day Brothers!" He said and I smiled and popped my back, " You boys are gonna loss this time!" Gator said as he grabbed his bags, " In your Dreams..... De St Jeor Boys!" Ryland said as they walked out of the house since they arrived early this morning, " Yeah us Lynch's are undefeated!" Ross said as he grabbed some of the bags with us.

" Plus We will break you boys this year!" Riker said laughing, as we walked into the house, " Muscle up Boys or you will be broken by us Guys!" Rocky said and showed his muscles. " Oh whatever guys, we will see on the Ice Rink!" I said as I took my bags to the room, I shared a room with Gil, Gator, Gus. Ross and Rocky Ryland, Capron shared a room, Riker and Savannah had their own room, Rydel and Kyla Shared a room, since their wasn't a room for Kyla. Then Mark and Stormie, and my parents had their own room.

" Hey boys!" Stormie said cheerfully as we all walked downstairs to the kitchen. " Hey Mama Storms!" I said and hugged her, " Ohhh, is Rydel making her chocolate chip cookies?" I said and turned to look at them in the over, " Yes and so is Ross!" She said and I wanted one so bad, but they were not done yet. " Get away from the oven, they are not done yet we just put them in there!" Rydel said and nudged me, and I shut the oven door and went to the living room. " OHHHH!!!! He took that hit like a Pro!" Rocky yelled as they were watching hockey on the TV.

" Gordy You want to go walk around with us, we are gonna go exploring, plus we decided to take the dogs for a walk since Stormie said they haven't been for a walk yet!" Gil said and I turned around, "yeah sure, why not!" I said as I headed outside with them. Everything always seemed beautiful in Colorado like one of those Hallmark Christmas Movies you watch all winter time. Sort of like a Winter Wonderland. We were walking with the dogs, that's when I saw a gun hidden in a log near the Iced over River.

I was going to tell the gang, but decided to just stay silent, they kept walking and I stopped, " Gordy, are you coming?" Gus said and I looked at him, "I'm gonna sit down, you guys keep going, I'll catch up later I promise, I just want to look around here for a minute." I said faking a smile, as they looked at me, " Alright Man!" Gus said as they separated from me.

Once I knew they were clearly out of sight, I looked at the gun, then picked it up, It looked like it hadn't been there long at all, I opened it and saw three bullets in it loaded and ready. I was going to take the bullets until I heard footsteps. I panicked and turned around and it was a girl, about my age, long flowing brown hair and brown eyes that drew you in the more you looked into them.

" W-What are you doing here?" She said like she was nervous, but all I could notice was the tear stains down her cheeks like she had just got down crying. " My family is down for vacation at our family cabin, my brothers and my brothers girlfriend were walking the dogs and I got tired, I'm Gordy!" I said as I dropped the gun back were it was before without her seeing me drop it, and put my hand out for her to shake it.

" I-I'm Brooklyn... I-I live around the c-corner." She said softly as her voice cracked a little bit trying not to break down as she shook my hand. " I'll see you later then, um nice meeting you Brooklyn!" I said politely, and nervous, and smiled, as I went to find the gang. Although I couldn't get out of my mind about that gun I had found in the log.