Chapter 2

Brooklyn's P.O.V

As I was home alone, I couldn't look at myself in the mirror, everytime I did it made me feel ugly, I wasn't gorgeous like the other girls, everyone at school hated me, and picked on me. I had a best friend until she became popular and cared about how she looked and had in life. I'm not broke, but I'm not rich either, I'm in between, my parents are never really home, so it's just me here all the time now because they have business trips they have to attend in Miami, New York City, Chicago, Washington, and Los Angeles.

Yet do they bring me along.... No! I'm stuck here, it's been like that for 3 years, stuck in Colorado, cold, snowy Colorado. Sometimes it felt like you could freeze to death, which part of me wouldn't mind, nobody would care or even miss me if I was dead. I felt like I was alone, I didn't have friends, and family was never around, no boyfriend to keep me safe. No siblings since I'm the only child, just me..... Lonely, Depressed Brooklyn Faith Wilson.

Yesterday I had place a gun at the ice river not far from my house, a place I always went when I was Lonely hoping that something would change my mind, but Nothing ever did.... I guess the universe didn't want me on earth either! I stood in front of the mirror crying my eyes out, knowing this would be the last time I saw this place, wore these clothes, took my last breath, and said my last words. Even without my parents here to stop me or even care.

I grabbed my coat off of the hook behind my bedroom door, then took one last look around my room and shut the door, I left all the lights one so my parents would continue paying bills thinking I was still around this old place. " Goodbye!" I said softly to myself, as I closed the door behind me, and headed to the iced lake.

As I got there I was so upset because I knew this was it.... That's until I saw a boy, he had brown hair, and brown eyes, and a little taller than me, but looked about my age, and he looked at me. " W-what are you doing here?" I asked trying so hard not to burst into tears, and he told me why he was there and I just wanted to break down after telling him my name and shook his hand. " I'll see you later then, um nice meeting you Brooklyn!" He said with the sweetest smile. I couldn't get myself to tell him what my intentions were, or that after this interaction he would never see me again in his life.

I watched as he walked away, and once I knew he was nowhere in sight, I went to see if the gun was still where I had placed it yesterday. I looked and it was still there, right where I had left it. I picked it up, and I looked to see if anybody was in sight, yet nobody, I put my phone on the log and went to stand in the middle of the ice, it was hard to walk on since it was slick, but I made it to the middle.

I put the gun to my head, and closed my eyes as tears went down my face. That's until I heard people's footsteps, " Do It..... it's what we've both been waiting for..... isn't it? So Go On! Pull The Trigger!" I heard his voice, " GORDY!" I heard another guys voice, that's when I opened my eyes, and just broke down in tears.

" That's her life, her plan, her path..... Go On, Finish It!" I heard Gordy say and Everyone around seemed shocked by his confidence in his words." I went to pull the Trigger, and all I heard was " NO!!!" but nothing happened, I tried again and still Nothing! No Bang, No Bullet threw my skull, No Pain! I I went to look in the gun, and when I opened it, No bullets in sight.

I looked up in disbelief, and that's when I saw him pull the bullets out of his coat pocket. " Do you really believe I was going to just walk away, I knew your intentions when I looked at you." He said and I was speechless. " H-How?" I asked and he looked at me, " You looked upset, and I could tell you had a mindset on that gun." He said stepping forward, I stood there and that's when the ice broke, and I fell in, " BROOKLYN!" I heard, and I had a feeling this was how I was going to die, I tried to swim up, but I couldn't keep myself up it was too cold.