That dreadful night

That dreadful night.....

It was the night I stood alone, on the corner of the street, under the flickering light.
The night when I looked into the eyes of the one I love and listen, helplessly, as he says it's all over. As he walks away from my cowering figure I'm to dead inside for words, all I can do is cry out longingly for him to turn around and love me once again.
But he never looked back, and at that moment as I watch his figure fade out into the darkens of the night, I can hear my heart break.
It was a faint sound, but loud enough to stay in my brain, haunting over me. The sound was all most like the shader of glass, in my mind I can almost picture a poor girl in an abandoned house, with no one to help, love, or care for her, smashing her fist into a mirror, the pieces flying towards her tear stain face and knotted hair. This girl, represented me at that moment, I had no one either, for he was all I had left in this cruel world.
I stood there under the now unlit streetlight for what felt like eternity, but I know was only a few minutes. I stood there just hoping for you to come running back to this lonely street corner, but he never did.
Soon, I had given up all hope, as i walked my way home. I was too numb and dead to pay any attention to the world around me, but then again, no one cared about me.