Chapter 33

Ajax? Is one of those people?

Now I understand, as Hannah used to be here. Right, I want to ask him how is Hannah doing but I know I can't.

He comes inside and stand beside me. "Good morning everyone, my name is Ajax, it is nice meeting you all." The children looks at him. He takes something from his pocket, it is a bag of candies.

The children is happy as they all go to Ajax. Ajax squats down to level the kids and give them candies. "What do you say when you receive something?" I asked to the children.

"Thank you!" The children said unison. Ajax really knows how to get a child's attention.

When he is done giving candies and talking to the children one by one he stands beside me again.

I look at him and he is also looking at me. He comes near me and I step backward. "I will not do anything, I just want to say something to you." He said.

I exhale. I feel like I am out of breath when he is near. "Can we talk? Like just the two of us?" I look around. Everyone is watching us.

"Mr. Carter, if you would like to say something, we can talk later after the class. You can come back at this room at that time." He nods and go to the door.

He smiles at the children, and they leave the room. I am still looking at the door.

"Marie, are you okay?" One of the children said.

"I am fine. Do you like the candies?" They happily answered me with a yes.

"Do you know him Marie?" The child comes at me and holds my hand.

"I know him, he also studies at the same University as I do." The child give me a candy.

"Marie, you look sad when you were looking at him. I want to give you candy to cheer you up." Huh? Do I look sad?

I ruffled the child's hair. "Thank you but I am not sad." The child go back to his table and I continue to teach them until I finish for today's session.

When the children leave, I clean the room. I took out the candy that the child gave me.

Do I look sad looking at Ajax?

The door opens and the guy that I was just thinking right now is now infront of me. He closes the door.

"What do you want Ajax?" He pulls a chair and sits down.

"I want to talk to you Marie. Just the two of us." He really is serious as I can see that he wants to talk to me.

"Is it really important? I have work later, if you can wait, we can meet after my work shift." He taps his thighs.

"Then later it is." He stands up and leave the room. Time really must be important to him as he is now a busy person.

Wait, how will I know where we are going to meet.

My phone beeps. I look at the screen and it is from an unknown number.

From: Unknown
It's Ajax. I'll pick you up at the end of your shift, just send me the address.

I save his number and sent him my work's address. Why do I let him do this to me? I sigh. Maybe, if I will talk to him, I will be able to settle all these things now.

After finishing everything, I go to my work.

When I arrive at work, everyone greets me, and a busy day is going to be ahead of us.