Chapter one: Home

Today is a bittersweet day. I have finally landed on Oahu from my longest deployment. Don't get me wrong, I love coming home to my Ohana, but after spending a year with my SEAL team, they are also a part of my Ohana. The only thing keeping me from signing on for another deployment is Steve.

Lt. Commander Steven McGarrett, Navy SEAL and also the head of Honolulu's major crimes task force, five-o. You could say that Steve is the love of my life, but that would be an understatement. I would never be able to survive an hour let alone a day without him.

My ringing phone snapped me out of my daydreaming. Looking down at the caller ID I see my brothers face pop up.

"Aloha Danno. What's up?" I ask.

"Great, not even an hour on this god forsaken island and you are already speaking the lingo." Ohh how I missed my loving brother.

"Well hello to you to Danny. Who ran a steak up your ass this morning?"

"Just this stupid case I'm working on. Hey, who is picking you up from the airport?"

"Oh, a SEAL buddy is letting me stay at their place."

"Oh ok. Well, did you wanna get some lunch with Grace and I today? I know the best place to get garlic shrimp!" Damn, I've never heard him this excited about fish.

"Um, sure. Text me the address and I can meet you there at noon." I hang up the phone as I see the man of my dreams walking towards me.

Steve reminded me of a model. He has perfectly tanned skin from so many cases out in the sun in Hawaii, dark brown hair, blue eyes, and he was built. All the years as a SEAL helped him out with that. he was wearing a pair of jeans which was really rare, and he also wore the cowboy boots I got him for his birthday. He was perfect. like an angel that came from Heaven just to be with me. The only differnce between him and my guardian angel was that Steve was carrying his gun.