Untitled Part 2

Chapter two

I ran up to him, the closer I got the more features I could see. His light blue eyes lit up when he saw my face. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt like I was home again.

"Hey there beautiful. I'm so happy you are home safe." His concern for me was so adorable.

"I'm just happy to be back in your arms Steve. I've missed you." With that he bent his head down and kissed me.

We drove back to his place talking about my deployment and everything that happened since I left. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, looking down I see Danny's text.

"Kamekonas shrimp truck. You will know it when you see it. See ya soon. "

I looked at the clock to see that is was fifteen minutes till noon. "Crap. Hey Steve do you still have the keys to my truck?"

"Yea they are next to the door why what's up?"

"Meeting Danny and Grace for lunch. Text you when I'm home. Love you!!" With that I grabbed the keys to my brand new Chevy Silverado and drove to the beach.

As I pulled up I saw Danny and his daughter laughing just like old times. I was wondering if they would even recognize me with my longer hair and tattoos, but when I got out of my truck and had Grace run into my arms without hesitation I knew that they remembered.

"Hey Gracie. Your getting so big! I missed you! Hey----" all of a sudden gunshots rang out in our direction. I grabbed Grace and used my body to shield her. Tuning to the truck I gave My niece to Kamekoma and told them to stay here until someone came to get them. I unloaded my weapon and began to do what I do best... Protecting those I love.