Chapter 5

Louis twisted back and forth in the desk chair. The only sounds in the room came from the ceiling fan, the chair and Harry’s slight snores. Louis propped his feet up on the bed and used it to keep twisting himself back and forth. The sheets were wrapped around Harry’s waist and he must have discarded his t-shirt while he was asleep, because all Louis could see was bare back and sides. The bruising on his arms and back were darker and a lot bigger than they had been the previous night. The finger imprints made Louis’ skin crawl.

He lit up a cigarette and balanced an ash tray on his thigh. He racked his brain trying to figure out why the hell Harry’s father could lay a hand on him and just not give a shit. What kind of person, who’s supposed to nurture and protect, do something so wrong and unbelievable? Sure, his mum had back handed him plenty of times and tore his ass up when he needed it. The only difference was he never felt unloved, yeah at the time he thought that, but he later realized it was for his own good. She never left a mark on his face, never busted his lip although, at times he probably needed it. But not like Harry, never like Harry.

“You really need to stop staring so much,” Harry said, head still shoved into his pillow.

“Sorry. Can’t really help it,” Louis said flicking ash into his tray.

Harry turned to look at him. “You know you’re kinda hot when you smoke.”

Louis chuckled. “Kinda? What do you mean by kinda?”

Harry sat up against the wall, crossed his ankles and bit his lip. “I mean, kinda.”

Louis smirked at him. “You sure about that?”

Harry raised his brow.

Louis took the cigarette from his mouth and climbed onto the bed straddling Harry’s waist. There was still a little sleep in his eyes but they were brighter than before. Louis let a smile slowly perk 
the corners of his lips.

“Have you ever even smoked a cigarette before?” Louis asked as Harry’s hand settled on his waist.

Harry shook his head.

“You wanna?”

Harry bit his lip again wincing when his tongue slipped over the cut. He nodded looking at the cigarette. 
Louis licked his lips before putting the cigarette back into his mouth. He took a long drag and held it before pulling Harry closer. He locked their lips and exhaled. Harry’s body jerked in shock for a second before he started to cough. Louis couldn’t help but chuckle.

“You okay?”

“Yeah I’m fine.” Harry grunted.

Louis wiped a stray tear from under his eye.

“Do it again,” Harry said, slapping Louis on the thigh.

“Okay.”

This time Harry was ready for him. His hands moved from Louis waist, up the back of his shirt and he squeezed at the flesh. His tongue collided with Louis as he pressed their bodies together.

“You taste like cigarettes,” Harry chuckled.

Louis pulled back and rolled his eyes. “Obviously, but I should probably go brush them.”

Harry nodded and pushed Louis as he rolled off the bed.

Louis returned a few minutes later, teeth brushed, water splashed on his face and a new tooth brush in hand for Harry. He walked over to his bed where Harry was listening to Louis’ iPod. Louis nudged his leg.

“I’m not the only one with bad breath this morning.” He tossed the brush at Harry.

“Thanks, and you have some seriously random music on this thing.”