Chapter II

What is happening? I'm not able to see anything. It's dark. All I could hear is a murmur of familiar voices.

"Turn on the lights now, I think we're safe here." A girl said. Apparently, these people with him, are Hiroki's "friends". Hanaka, Detsu, and Kentaro. "What the fuck!?" He said with a bewildered look on his face. "Shh! Look." Detsu whispered, and pointed at Kentaro, who seems to be sneaking into the Principal's office.

(Time: 6:00 am) Usually, when it's the first hour of the first day again, authorities of the school do short orientations before class, with student councils. Completely fair, isn't it? I guess we don't really want to waste time onto talking about useless information. Anyway, I see what's going on here.

"Yo! It's all good, no one's here!" Kentaro called out. "We're good! Just look for c109 and you're all good Ken." Hanaka said. Hiroki talks to Detsu while Hanaka watched Kentaro looking for their class notes. "Really? You guys are still, doing this shit?" He said. "You mean, we, are." Detsu said in reply.

"My Group" has the tradition of using the "Pyramice". A four-sided interacitve dice, customized and programmed by Detsu Kanadeo.

He's sort of, the leader. I have to admit, he's done some incredible technology stuff in the past. The time the school was on fire, the alarms and fire sprinklers didn't work. The signals are low so no one could dial a call. Everyone was panicking. But he managed to think of a solution, by using the computer system. Until now, I don't get how he made that work. But it took him a minute to make all monitors, display that we needed severe help to all people who lived near. In the end, we did receive help, thanks to him, I guess.

(Pyramice Game: Four sides. Four people. Before using the dice. A person has to say any word to the built in microphone, that will be used in a random dare. Last used word said by Hanaka, was "Principal". Therefore, the dice picks appropriate words to make a sentence. Like, "Principal = Go to Principal, for notes". The program told them to ask for notes, study them. But knowing Detsu's group, they choose to revise it, and get their class' notes owned by their professor, who will be using these "notes" for the first day. Each side represents each one of them. If your name gets picked, you play the game. A person can either accept or decline, by accepting it, you will receive cash.)

Kentaro successfully steals the c109 notes. Therefore he receives $30 from Detsu and Hanaka. The four delinquents now proceed to enter their class room. The professor hasn't arrived yet, so they decided to have a talk in their seats.

"So! How did your quarantines went?" Hanaka asked. "Dreadful, felt like I was dead the entire time." Kentaro replied. "What? Why are you such a rookie? Quarantine didn't affect me at all, considering, I managed to go out every single day without anyone seeing me." Detsu confidently admits what he's been doing. "That's hardcore, well,what about you Hiroki? How'd you spent a year with limits?" She asked. "Well.. I.." He starts to think if he actually has done something productive last year, other than playing video games. Hiroki starts to contemplate.

Hanaka rolls her eyes, and said, "Anyway.... Do you guys know what I did last year? It didn't even feel like a year, everyday was busy! I was receiving a lot of invites from different agencies almost everyday to model!" "Pff, I see why she was "curious" of what we did last year." Kentaro said.

Hanaka Tsuka. A Fashion Model, she has travelled through different sections of the world, especially when accepting international invites. The most egotistical woman i've met.

How come everyone has been so successful and satisfied of what they've achieved. Despite having all these problems around, and having a wicked sense of humor. Am I always going to be the odd one out? Am I going to continue this rewardless life like this.

The classroom has more number of students than before, there are new faces, or transferees. The professor has yet to arrive. "Ja! Why not play a game of Pyramice while we can?" Detsu offers. Hiroki didn't look interested. "Ahem. Hiroki?" He said. "Oh, yeah, sure. I'm down." He answered with a forced tone. They formed a square and placed the dice on the desk. "I'll pick a word this time, because Hanaka chose the last one, Kentaro might just say something stupid like "potato", and Hiroki hasn't participated in a while." Detsu announces. Neither of them complained.

"Piramiddo, watashitachi wa anata no gemu o kaishi shi, akutibu-ka suru junbi ga totonoimashita." "The word shall be, girl." They all looked at Detsu, confused and disheartened. (Pyramice: "Girl = Girl, is weird to talk with.") Kentaro bursted out a laugh. Hanaka yells at Detsu, "WHAAT? EVEN A PROGRAMMED COMPUTER HAS THE TRAIT OF BEING A SEXIST? HOW DARE THIS DISCRIMINATE THE FEELING OF TALKING TO WOMEN. YOU CHOOSE THE WORDS FOR THIS KANADEO, DON'T YOU?" "Nope, I programmed it to find accurate words from the internet." He replied. "ACCURATE!?" She said. "Jeez, don't take it personally Hana, look, everyone's looking at you, embarrassing." He said. "Hmph. It's just because they miss the look of my perfect posture." Hanaka said as her last rant.

The Pyramice is now choosing among the four. Kotayashi's side lit up. He grunts. "It's right that you got chosen today. You have been declining for like, seven times in a row now." Hanaka points a fact out of Hiroki. "Yea, It's whatever, I'll accept it." Hiroki said carelessly without thinking about the selection of words that will involve "girl" when they revise it.

Kentaro Mutasha asks if the given phrase is revised already, being the most tongue-tied person of the group. "You're right, it's not, it's a woman fact." Detsu teases Hanaka. She attempts to yell again but Detsu stops her by talking. "The dare would be "Talk to a weird girl in class and get her phone number."

...

"You have the most cliché mind out there." Hanaka said. "What does "cliche" mean?" Kentaro unnecessarily asked. "Should be easy." Hiroki said.

"Oh, dont get too ahead of yourself Kotayashi. We'll make sure this round will be impenetrable," He intimidated him.