Chapter 2

He saw you, a bit of shock evident on his face, and he quickly moved the cigar from his mouth to hide it behind his back. Squinting for a clearer view, he slowly took tiny steps towards you, as though trying to figure you out. You wanted to take steps back because his face was too intimidating. He was in no way, the bubbly sweet boy you had met this afternoon.

Jimin's eyes finally widened and then his features seeped back into the boring expression he had when he was smoking a minute ago.

"It's only you," he said, dragging his voice and putting the cigar back into his mouth.

You then remembered that your head was mostly covered by the hood of your jacket, and you removed it to reveal your face that was a cross between surprise and utter shock.

"Chim Chim?" you whispered.

Jimin didn't turn his head to you, instead just shifted his eyes in your direction, letting out a sound that was the deepest drawl you had ever heard. "Hm?"

"What – what are you doing here?" you asked, trying not to grab the cigar from his fingers and throwing it away from him.

Jimin simply shrugged, "just came out to smoke."

To smoke?

To smoke!

Why the hell was Park Chim Chim smoking?!

Your first guess – if you had to guess who this person was – in no way was it going to be Chim Chim. You looked at him up and down: skinny black jeans and a heavy leather jacket that had many chains and zips attached to it. His hair was gelled, slicked back, although a few strands popped out in front of his forehead. His expression throughout this sudden encounter was bored, half lidded eyes and hands inside his jacket pocket, looking around like he owned the neighbourhood.

Was this really Chim Chim?

You blinked and tried not to focus on that tiny thought of him looking hot that was itching the back of your mind.

"Ok then . . ." you whispered slowly and moved around him to get to your destination and get this over with.

As you walked, the cold night air that was usually the smell of wet stone was suddenly the smell of artificial smoke. You pulled your jacket up to your nose to block the stench entering your nostrils, but it felt like the more you walked the more it became concentrated. How much did he smoke? To make the entire neighbourhood stink?

The corner of your eyes caught a faint cloud of grey smoke that vanished with the next step and you stopped, only to let your taller follower bump into your back and stumble behind.

You turned around in annoyance, your nose crinkled with disgust at the stench. Jimin's eyes snapped open in surprise, and he cleared his throat awkwardly. "Where are you going babe?"

You internally cringed at the nickname he gave you, a large portion even surprised that he had the audacity to call you that. You cleared your throat as well: "um, to feed the kittens."

"Oh. Well, can I come with you?"

"Whatever."

So now you were walking a few steps ahead of a boy you thought you knew. Kind of stupid of you to assume right away that he was an innocent little boy. You analysed the situation and it made sense to you now: of course he would act all sweet in front of his mom and guests. He couldn't just smoke in front of her could he? So he snuck out in the middle of the night, and took advantage of the neighbourhood being empty so no one could witness him doing the deed.

Wow. You didn't know he was capable of that.

As you neared the location where the kittens would usually gather, you stopped in the middle and this time Jimin's reflexes were quick enough to make him stop as well.

"Stay right here. The kittens will smell the smoke and run away," you said without looking at him in a somewhat commanding tone.

"Alright babe," he said, and you realized his voice was lower than when he had spoken to you in his house that evening.

You took a few steps and reached a kerb and from out of nowhere a group of kittens emerged as soon as you opened the box to release the smell of meat. They meowed with wagging tongues and bright black eyes as you tumbled a few pieces onto the floor and a few of them attacked it. Your put some in your palm and held it out for the rest of the kittens. The smallest kitten was as white as sugar with patches of dark brown and big black eyes. It was the cutest you thought, and probably because it looked the least interested among the others.

The fed them until all the pieces of meat were gone and the cats meowed happily and went away to who knows where. You stood up and turned around to see Jimin looking at you with the tiniest smile in his lips.

"They really like you babe," he said, even though his voice was still a lazy drawl.

You cringed at the use of that nickname again, but decided to let it slide just that once. Without saying anything, you walked back to the direction of your house, leaving this new found Jimin behind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was way after 12 am and you were still awake. You felt disgusted about yourself when you looked at the posters of IU and Mamamoo on your bedroom walls. They were all so perfect.

Sighing you slung yourself off the bed and went to stand in front of the mirror. Ripping your clothes off your body you felt disappointed at the large marks that striped your arms and thighs. There was a reason why you were a virgin.