I'll Wait For You

"What are you doing?" I whisper to him. He huffs a laugh.
"I'm doing you favour, love. This is extremely rare so I hope you're taking notes."
"You surrender?" The General questions.
"Yes. Yes I surrender. I'm sorry have I not made that clear to you?" He snaps back. He's going to be beheaded for his mouth one day.

"Very well." The General booms. "Guards."
"I can't let you do this." I say quietly to him.
"It's already done." He replies back, bitterly.
Before I have the chance to reply, two guards step forward with cuffs and clamp the Master's hands back. I struggle but I resist the urge to stop them. It's painful though and it hurts to seem him like this.

"Take him back to his cell quickly, before he steals your uniform." The General orders.
I open my mouth to object, to scream, to do anything to stop this from happening.
The Master sees my distress and whispers in my ear.
"It's alright. The food's not that bad."
Even when he's outnumbered, surrounded by guns and chained to his wrists the Master somehow finds the joy in it all.
"Don't leave." I say under my breath.
"Oh don't worry I won't be leaving." He mutters. "Not for a bit anyway." He grins with a twinkle in his eye.
"I'll come back for you." I say as quietly as possible.
"Course you will."

I want to grab his hand and yank him back. But the guards have already shoved him away, quicker than a flash. I glaze over to look at him as he treads back down the stairs we'd just run up. Then he stares up at my sad eyes and shoots me little wink.

The General doesn't notice. Thankfully. He's already ordering his troops out to fight. The Master is still wearing his uniform. I smirk down at the floor. The keys. The keys to his cell are in the uniform's pocket.
I'm not 100 percent certain that he'll get away with it, that he'll escape on his own. But I'm sure he'll try and I'll cling onto that hope for now. And if he does happen to make it out of this hell hole alive, he can know that I'll be patiently waiting for him in my TARDIS.