Chapter 15

A/N:

Heya, 

I came up with the cast and character chapters, you guys can check it out if intersted🙈.

Here's the next chapter for you guys to enjoy💜. Take care of yourselves and the ones around you, stay safe.

Glossary:

Oba-sama: Grandmother

Ani-ue: Older brother

Haha-ue: Mother

•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•

AKAASHI'S POV:

"I want you in the gym in 5 minutes, or else the 6th minute I will come to haul you onto my shoulders and take you there." I strode out of the class uttering the first thing that came across my mind.

I was contemplating if I should ask her to come with me or just grab her hand and walk out but she turned around before I could reach a decision, thanks to her friend, Kiyoshi-san. So, when she abruptly made that twirl, words flew out of my mouth like unfiltered water from a random tap. Well, this is not bad either, saves us from gathering unnecessary attention, so or I thought because in a split second strange murmurs spread across the class.

I couldn't care less about the anxious murmurs from the bunch that hooted and heaved a sigh of relief when (L/N)san addressed me with that 'ridiculous term' during the first break. Not sorry for shattering your hopes and dreams.

She is the first and the only one I've ever desired for myself, just for my sake. For the first time, I want to be selfish. So, like hell, I'll let her slip away from me.

Mine! She is mine.

Despite that, I stood there that evening, cemented to the spot while tears streamed down her dainty face as she looked at me with her eyes drenched in gloom. I wanted to move, I wanted to hold her in my arms, apologize for hurting her like that, cry my heart out to her but I couldn't. Obaa-sama's (Grandmother's) vile words rang in my head like a madman's chant had restrained my body from reacting the moment (L/N)san expressed her disappointment in me.

'Akaashi-men' mustn't exhibit emotions, Keiji. Neither are you allowed to show the world the anguish of your tears nor are you allowed to show the glee of your laughter. I shall not see you fussing over silly things again. Do not disappoint me like your rebellious Ani-ue (brother) and your ungrateful Haha-ue(mother. You are the future.

I stood there torn between the promise I made to (L/N)san that she won't regret being with me and the words which were inscribed into my soul. The click shut of her apartment's door drew my mind out of the conflict and back to reality.

A thousand new knots twisted in the seam of my chest once it dawned upon me that I hadn't noticed my girl slipping into the shadows troubled and teary-eyed, because I got consumed in the murkiness of my authoritarian family that I absolutely intend to keep her away from.

I spent my Sunday packing all necessities I would need to survive the coming week in hell, also known as 'The Akaashi Estate', and gathering the courage to go talk to (L/N)san. However, she wasn't home, much to my dismay.

It was imperative that I made things right with her before I leave and the fact that I couldn't contact her, added on to the bundle of nerves I was feeling. Other than that, the apartment felt empty with Taichi-ni leaving too, so I distracted myself with finishing my pending assignments for the rest of the day.