"table for two, please"

i was back in my apartment, getting ready for tonight. i lightly dusted on some blush and put highlight on the inner corner of my eyes and my cheekbones, too. i topped it off by applying some mascara.

i kept it pretty minimal because i wasn't into drastic makeup looks. after getting dressed up in the navy blue dress and pairing it with some pretty black heels, i quickly straightened my hair. it was naturally pretty wavy but i liked it better straight anyways.

i heard a knock on my door. was it you? good thing i had just finished getting ready. i opened my door and to my dismay, it wasn't you. it was anthony.. again. anthony really was taking our date to heart.

"are you seriously going through with this?.." anthony questioned. "i was watching snl clips on youtube and the guy isn't even that funny!"

"anthony, what is your problem? i just don't see you like that and i'm really excited for my date. do you not get that?" i snapped back.

"you look so beautiful,kat. and it hurts to know that you dressed up like that for him..and you never dressed up like that for me." anthony complained, running his hands through his coarse, curly hair.

i could see what he was trying to do, and it wasn't going to work. he isn't going to make me feel bad. we dated in highschool. he really needs to let me go.

"can you just leave?"  i started. "you should really just go."

"fine. but when pete davidson breaks your heart, i'll be there to pick up all the fucking pieces!"

anthony was fuming. i could tell by the tears forming in his eyes. they weren't sad tears, more like tears of rage. the kind of tears when a spoiled rich kid doesn't get his way. which perfectly summed up anthony's whole life.

anthony opened the door and to both of our surprise, you were standing right there.

anthony looked back at me with a look of disgust. "have fun with him, kat."

he stormed off , bumping into on you his way out.  you almost fell backwards, but you caught yourself before that could happen.

"damn, what's his fucking problem?" you asked.

i was good at reading people and i could see the confusion etched in your face. you seemed mad, i hoped you weren't mad at me. but, it was evident by your expression that you wanted an explanation. you were expecting an explanation.

i rolled my eyes. "that's anthony. he's my
good friend. but, i can see that changing because i can't stand his jealousy anymore."

i sat down on the couch with my hands on my face. i felt like i had messed up. you definitely thought something was going on between me and anthony and there wasn't.

you sat down next to me and i felt your hand on my back.

"it's fine. if you say nothing happened, i believe that. i can see why he's so obsessed with you... i mean you're beautiful."

i took my hands off my face and looked at you.

"nothing happened, pete. he was upset when he found out about the date and he just got so upset and..."

you cut me off and just kissed me. i wasn't mad that you did. that really sealed the deal for me. i was starting to find myself falling for you, pete davidson.

i kissed you back with absolutely no hesitation. our kiss went on for what felt like ages until you pulled away.

"i understand the whole situation with anthony, dont worry..." you said softly.

"ready to go now?"

i nodded in approval. you took me by the hand and led me out of the apartment.

   you really knew how to sweep a girl off their feet, pete. you held my hand as we walked through the night, and i should have predicted this next part.

the paparazzi showed up. "pete, pete , pete!!" they screamed, shoving microphones in your face.

"pete, who is this girl?"
"where are you guys headed?"
"are you still in contact with ariana?"
"pete, is this your girlfriend??"

the questions just kept flooding in. i felt sorry for you. you weren't like typical new york celebrities., you didn't seem to interact much with the paparazzi and dodged every question they shot at you.

"it's okay, just look down and don't say anything to them." you whispered to me.

"okay." i responded, listening to you, looking down at the concrete and shielding my face from the flashing cameras.

"pete, answer us!" the paparazzi snapped at you.

you shook your head. "respect my privacy.. like, for once." you responded sarcastically, shooting a smile to the cameras.

you guided me into the restaurant, leaving the paparazzi at the door.

"i'm literally so sorry about that. i really hate being "famous" sometimes."

"i totally get it.."

"thanks for understanding." you smiled.

your smile was the cutest thing. it was like contagious, and i couldn't help to smile back at you.

we walked up to the host of the restaurant.

"hello, mr davidson." smiled the host. "who is this fine lady."

you awkwardly laughed off the host's strange compliment.

"her name is kat." you informed him, looking at me.

the host looked at me too. "nice to meet you, kat."

"nice to meet you too."

the host redirected his attention back to you.

"how many people will be dining here with you tonight, mr. davidson."

"table for two, please?" you requested with a little grin.