Where's the diamond ring?

This chapter is dedicated to @sahad_asfiya a very lovely reader of mine. She literally convinced me to post, by a sweet little gesture that truly made my day. Here's to the longest chapter I've ever written. Here's to the exact 7226 words.

Also, nearly everyone was teaming up with Zubiya in the last chapter. My poor Asfandyar seems to have less supporters! But I so hope you don't hate him after reading the next two chapters ;)

Happy reading!

Zubiya lay sank into the couch, finally after a long tiresome day. She was glad that now she could spend the remaining day with her family; chatting, venting and laughing. It was the release valve she badly needed after a long day.

Zubiya was relaxing in the lounge with her head resting on Lubna Aunty's lap. Lubna aunty was feeling comparatively way better, than she was in the morning. She was fresh and feeling light. They both were waiting for their favourite drama serial to get on-air, as Zubiya nibbled on some biscuits and talked to her mother in law, about the little brave girl she had attended with Thalassemia that morning.

"Mama, aaj OPD mein aik itni pyari si bachi aayi, Gulelah Hamid. Aik Kashmiri family se thi, and you know she was soooo cute. Itni fair si thi aur uski hazel eyes theen. Aur woh meri itni achi friend ban gayi, itni cute baatein karti hai." Zubiya amusingly told Lubna Aunty with her eyes fixated on the LED screen. Lubna aunty lightly combed her soft hair with her fingers.

"Meri Zubiya khud inti pyari hai. Sab patients se itna attach hojati hai ke jab woh wapis janey lagte hain, tou khud ronay lagti hai phir." She replied with a small smile.

Zubiya simpered and gave a shy smile because she knew that was, most of the times she would become emotional when saying goodbye to little patients going back home. She had this kind of bad-habit of getting too close and making it hard for herself to let go easily. That was one thing, everyone in her house thoroughly admired. She was extremely soft-hearted and kind by nature.

"Iss dafa shayad aesa na hou." She informed her. The smile from her eyes fell as she told Lubna Aunty more details. "Gulelah has Thalassemia. Her family is deciding, ke woh loug Karachi se treatment karwayein. Woh yahan sirf hemoglobin electrophoresis ka test karwaney ke liye aaye hain. As soon as reports will come, they'll leave."

"Ohh, Zubiya. I'm really sorry beta." Lubna aunty comforted her and tried bringing some solace after a rough piece of information she just heard.

"Nahi mama, please. It's okay and I'm fine." She said taking her frail hands in hers', assuring her. "Woh choti si bachi khud itni courageous hai. Itni strong will power ke sath apni bemaari se lar rahi hai. Apko pata hai aaj jab woh aayi tou iron ki severe deficiency ho rahi thi usko. She was severely anaemic, likin phir bhi itna cheerful mood tha. She was smiling throughout her checkups and tests. Mein tou bohat impress hogayi thi." Zubiya added.

"Bus beta, phir Allah jisko aesay halaat mein daalta hai tou, strength bhi deta hai. You know usually loug apni bemaariyon se bohat optimistic reh kar fight karte hain aur cure bhi hotey hain. It's all about the good will." She said softly mentioning about the people fighting in their assured destructions, pulling through their dysfunctional mess with hope and courage. "Allah karey yeh cute se bachi foran theek hojaye." She added.

"Ameennn!!" Zubiya quickly murmured as she smiled.

After that they both settled to watch the drama serial that was on-airing in some seconds.

***

The dining table was all set for the dinner. Lubna Aunty and Usman uncle were already seated as Zubiya brought the warmed dishes to the table. Asfandyar was still nowhere to be seen. He had directed himself to his bedroom after coming back from hospital. That was an entirely unusual routine of him. As most of the days, he would come back home and happily chat with his parents for a long time they'd even know. Alongside chatting with them, his yearn for Zubiya could be easily be saged. The more time he wanted to give his parents, the more desire to be with his wife used to crawl in his brown eyes.